Connor McDavid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The most exciting prospect since....well probably Taylor Hall, Ryan N-H, or Sidney Crosby if the press is to be believed but those clichés aside, has there been more pressure on any other rookie than Connor?

The weight of expectation is simply enormous....signing an endorsement deal with Adidas may have taken a bit of the sting away but wow. This is the most intense I've seen for a signing.

As the Edmonton Oilers get their 4 billionth first round draft pick because they continue to be rubbish (even with first round draft pics everywhere) and as expected Connor was snapped up and even said it was an honour to be going to Edmonton with a straight face.

Well tonight the Oilers prospects took on the canucks prospects. It seemed a bit of a reality stretch to see Connor line up in the prospects team but how did he go?

Surviving an early game ka-thumping he seemed contained enough scoring "just" one goal and one assist.

However he got the first star and so has made a good start to his oilers stint.

the result?

Oilers 8 def Canucks 2 (ouch!)

Thanks to @Dan for the nhl thread! awesome. Hopefully wolfpack gets reincarnated and joins the convos as well.

Ive even read he is going to be better than Gretzky ,now there's some skates to fill.
Being in our Div ,we should see a lot of him.
(Nice work ,once again Dan)

Whilst I think he will truly be those 'once in a generation' player, the great one's skates are enormous to fill.

Media always like to hype things out. Tiger Woods was going to have 50 majors by now, etc etc.

He seems to be handling the pressure ok, but the hockey really works on their rookies...which is why not many go down the watmough, dugan, ferguson path.

Our youngsters looked better than him last night ,Lets see if we can beat those Coilers again Sat night..
Scoring goals finally !!

The number 2 draft pick has better stats atm. However I still think he can be great....except he's with the oilers!

A guy I work with is a huge oil fan & has a massive hard-on for McDavid (as would we ,if he was a Canuck) ,So I'm always calling him McBust...

lol.

He scored his first nhl goal tonight....

but the oilers are still 0 from 3. If they don't improve they should be excluded for being in the running for the first draft pick. They just take future superstars and play them against veterans until they crumble in a heap!

fook me...

He's already an untouchable. Last night skated right past a dallas player without the puck and hit him straight into the boards with an official looking right at him....didn't even get called a penalty!!

Lets see Virtanen lay him out this weekend.
.He still hasn't played in front of the Coiler faithful yet ..
The Rangers rookie Oscar Swedeberg is also looking the goods ,(at this early stage anyhows)...

And to the surprise of no one.... McDavid is out injured for a few months....continuing the oilers amazing talent of taking the first draft pick of the nhl....and playing them against men until they break down.

oilers should be banned from the first draft pick for 10 years!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2