conspiracy theory

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sharx

Reserve Grader
ok,might drum up some controversy here.
we were never gonna win the gf last night.
here's why
1.the nrl need melb to win to sell the game to the afl heartland.all i saw on the news today was how thousands of fans welcomed and partied with the storm players.to me it looked liked hundeds,not thousands.i remember reading in the papers during the week that melb players were surprised that there was a(1)reporter at their training session in melb.usually they get nothing.they get little coverage in the local papers down there at all.you can pick that team and put them anywhere in the country with any colours and they still would have won
2.melb have no junior base.they are a manufactured club that will never boast local junior development.they are a tv productfor fox.
3.why did the storm only concede 2 penalties last night.i watched the replay of the first half and i could swear there wouldve been at least 4 or 5 times they shouldve been penalised for offside or unsquare marker defence .croker shouldve at least been penalised for a late hit or attacking an opponents head and at least put on report,archer did nothing.not even cited.stewart wasnt concussed by slater or by accident.the eyegouge on stewart let go.the drop out farce early in the 1st half should ve been a 20 metre tap to us.instead we were under the pump.the lack of penalties against melb suggest they are a perfect team.hardly.
3.why is it that melb get $14million a year yet the rest of the clubs get no where near this amount?even cam smith during his speech thanked the nrl for 'all their support down here in melb'.this $14 million per year has seen melb achieve 8 finals and 2 premierships in 10 years.try giving the same amount to the rest of the comp and then call it a level playing field
4.this media driven 'hate manly' we keep hearing.get over it!!!
5.their win last night was paybacks for getting ripped off against the broncos last year,where simpkins made a crucial call against melb which gave momentum to the broncos.matt king afterwards called simpkins a dickhead.
6.why were they allowed to buy clint newton during the season?surely being a team that were runners up the year before,and in the top 4 before that,that they must have been close to the salary cap or over??

anyway,as i walked out of telstra last night and walked past the big screen outside,it showed cam smith holding up the nrl trophy with a three quarter empty stadium behing him.looks pathetic for a showpiece event.doesnt match what the afl presentation looked like.

wake up, there is no conspiracy theory they just played better.

1. maybe the NRL would have preferred MElb to win, doesnt mean they rigged it, they would have wanted them to win last year, or did they want Bris to win it more??

2. So what?

3. So now its the refs fault?? pfft, admit it they were better.

4. Melbourne is the 2nd biggest city in the country, for it to be a national comp there needs to be a team there, I dont agree with it, I dont like it, but thats the way it is.

5. Media needs to fill their papers or shows with something, get over it, its next weeks fish a nd chip wrappers.

6. Payback??? so by that reckoning we are a shoe in for the 08 title, because it was all the refs fault??

7. so what if they were runners up? maybe they are good at buying castoffs and up and coming players, exactly the qualities we applaud Crusher cleal for, we have bought many more blue chip players than them in the last 3 or 4 years, Inglis, Falou, Cronk, Smith, Johnson, King, Slater etc etc. none of them were bought for the same money as guys like Lyon, Kite and Orford and Bell, who we bought from Melbourne, they dont pay overs for players, they catch and kill their own, as we are starting to do succesfully.

So get your head out of your butt and appluad them for being the better team, and applaud our boys for improving so much and playing well all year. It makes you look like a goose and a sore loser.

Dont forget we went better than 14 other teams, including a number of so called "superpowers".

Manly weren't good enough on the night, we all believed they could win. If they turned up to play.......but they didn't.

I'm with you sharx, although I don't belirve it was rigged, you can't, there would be no point following the game.

Fro, I don't know what the attitude is about. How can we applaud a team that has taken something away from us in such an unfair way ? They may have been the best team all year but last night they were handed the game by a referee who was appointed to do just that.
Their fans were laughing & cheering every time they got away with something because they knew that their would be no action taken. They had no fear or sense of right. When we spear tackled Slater early on, my reaction was "oh no", I was worried. When they did high shots it was apparently a fun thing to be encouraged.

They have no guilt about the way in which they won, so I send them absoutely no congratulations & hope that they get what they deserve in one way or another.

We have been made chumps of by people we don't even know.
So, call me a sore loser if you wish but I know I wouldn't feel this way if only we were given a chance.

Did the ref make Watmough miss every tackle that mattered in the first half??

Did the ref make Lyon spear tackle Slater

Did the ref make us drop all those balls.

Did the ref make Orford kick straight to Slater all night.

Yes in that case you are a sore loser.

No, but the ref did control the field position, he penalised us for anything he could, he failed to penalise them for similar offences when we could've used the same leg-up they were getting.
I don't count any mistakes that were made in the 2nd half as it was all over by then.

I'm not saying that if it was fair that we would've won but I'd like to know.
All I want is fairness & equality in life. If Idon't get it, I'll whinge & wont stop until the wrong has been righted, and this never can be.
I don't want us to win like that either, it would take the fun & meaning out of it.

[quote author=Duff]

All I want is fairness & equality in life.

Sadly. you live in a **** hole state called NSW.

sorry to be the one breaking the sad tidings.

[/quote]

Along with you.
I can't think of anywhere better though.

Any suggestions ?

I'm still trying to get the the bloody smog from my lungs.

And you wouldn't believe it, I stood still for 5 seconds and someone ran up and tagged me with a spray can. Oh well, at least I fit in with everything else.

Fro, next year I want the Manly admin to set out our field only two metres wide, and then we can train to play on it. Come game day and I'll bet we win every match. That's the cheating culture that is the Storm. They were given every assistance on Sunday night by the ref, as well as through the year. If the NRL had true standards, they would have been stripped of their comp points and made to apologise for cheating on their home ground measurements. It wasn't a level playing field all season down there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4