contract negotitations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

adam355

is anyone on here close enough to the honchos in the club to understand what theyare doing this silly season everything is all secret, sounds like the players are being kept wandering about the future ie; hodko, matai, farrar or is it just the players taking their time?

Matai is close as warriors are rushing him
Farrar needs to go if Matai resigns if he wants to play 1st grade as more than just a reserve

Lowe has told members that negotiations with Foran and Matai are going well and that the club is confident of retaining both. The media reports that Farrar has been offered a contract with the Knights. Hodkinson is definitely headed to the Dogs. Not much more we can say.

Canteen Worker link said:
Lowe has told members that negotiations with Foran and Matai are going well and that the club is confident of retaining both. The media reports that Farrar has been offered a contract with the Knights. Hodkinson is definitely headed to the Dogs. Not much more we can say.

I wonder if some prominent player managers would say the same thing...and you KNOW what I mean Dave.

Negotiations seem much more fraught these days than in the past, however maybe the only thing that has really changed is that now all players have managers, and more of it is leaked to the papers?

Speculation and half-baked quotes from managers in newspapers fuel the gossip mill, but how much of it is the truth vs trying to push up the contract price?

It's telling when players say "it's in the hands of my manager, I don't know what's happening etc"

Another thing in the mix is that I suspect some players eg Foran have come to an agreement but are waiting to see if the salary cap is significantly raised once the new media deal is done - why sign a 3 or 4 year contract now and miss a chance to upgrade. Constant hand-wringing on this site that he hasn't signed (no pens etc!!) isn't reflected by any media saying he is looking elsewhere or being chased by any other club. The Australian said months ago he had agreed to terms..

Personally I'd like to see the whole player transfer thing handled at the end of the season....for example a window from 5th October to 5th November...all negotiations / deals / announcements done at that time. And then perhaps another period from say 1st to 31st January where any players not taken up cane be shopped, traded etc etc. There would have to be allowances for some mid season "trades" (eg Farrer came like that) but otherwise no player discussions allowed for the rest of the year.

so back to a few years ago Mark where everything was done under the table before the deadline.

The only thing that would slow down is the rumour mill, which is probably a good thing but would cut this sites hits in half overnight :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6