Contract Renewals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Just wondering when contracts for choc and b stewart are up, and do you think they should be down graded......im not trying to bash them on here but chocs form up till late has been down and stewarts injurys have to be considered for sure...... any other players you guys can think should be up graded , down graded or just not signed at all.

Wolfie would be in the same boat as far as injuries go. Choc on his day is great. If he can stop the off field crap and concentrate on footy then great. Snake, well i would want to see him at the club as long as possible.

Why u want to get rid of former internationals
And local juniors. Stewy has just had some bad luck and choc is an asset. Release those 2 and side won't be successful.

Players to get the chop will be wolfie,cross, Robinson, Joe G(will retire), t-Rex. There almost 1mil released of talent.

slick, both stewy and choc are taking up huge slabs of salary cap, prob 400 each and an injured lyon, thats 1.2 million on 3 players, problem is an injury prone lyon and brett, that's huge problems 4 us

slickster71 said:
And local juniors. Stewy has just had some bad luck and choc is an asset. Release those 2 and side won't be successful.

Players to get the chop will be wolfie,cross, Robinson, Joe G(will retire), t-Rex. There almost 1mil released of talent.

Do you mean Robertson or Robinson?

I think that Choc is as much of a liability as he is an asset (on and off the field), If you could off load him and get a SOO type prop I think it would help the team. We are pretty well covered in the back row.

thing is, when choc is on and injury free, he's dynamic and we don't have anyone like him, he probably knows it, remember that orgin game, unbelievable, wish he would do it for the people who pays him weekly.

slickster71 said:

hey slick, i never mentioned getting rid of anyone , just contract up or down grades.

Galuvou is the only on that seems to be pulling a finger out this year for a contract next year ! he may retire ?

Do you really think Chocs form has been down this year? Bar an error or two against the Storm, I think he's clearly been our best forward.

He is on a truck load but you want to buy a representative level forward from another club its going to cost more to get him to move than what it will to keep him here. I can understand people wanting to get rid of choc for his behavourial issues but if its a strickly football related stuff than he's a must keep as far as I'm concerned.

I would like Glenn Stewart to return to his old game style and play with a bit more mongrel and bit a straighter. IMO he's running to laterly and looking to be a ball player a bit too much. Maybe he feels he needs to do that to take some of the pressure of our youngs halves but I think we'd be better off he just tucked it under his arm a bit more often.

The things b. Stewart has done for this club And will do in the future he deserves a blank cheque not the rubbish talk on these forums the past few weeks about how he should be on a downgrade and how he disrupts the team. Poor guy doesnt deserve horrible fans like some of you that just push him aside when things are down.

effnic said:
The things b. Stewart has done for this club And will do in the future he deserves a blank cheque not the rubbish talk on these forums the past few weeks about how he should be on a downgrade and how he disrupts the team. Poor guy doesnt deserve horrible fans like some of you that just push him aside when things are down.
Good post mate I can't believe some of the disrespectful, fickle bull**** I've read on here about Brett and injuires.

There are some deadset dumb c##ts on here.

DAN WORD FILTER ISNT WORKING BRO
THE C-BOMB doesnt get edited out

agree totally about Brett, wonderful servant, club legend, how good was he in 2006/2007/2008, absolute genius of a player

my thoughts are get rid of kite (bad form), cross (speaks for itself), robertson (contract up), seu seu (no need for him) - give galuvou to the end of the year to proove himself, he looks the goods this year !

That should free up enough money for a steady young prop !

Why get rid of Robertson? He's been great for us and has played something like 134 games without missing a game through injury.

D Williams hasn't been mentioned, ho many games has he missed since 2008. Wingers aren't as hard to replace. And people who think we should get rid of Brett must be crazy. He scored nearly 100 tries in about 130 games. Bowen took a while to get back to his best and I think Brett will take at least half the season to get to his best.

Masked Eagle said:
Do you really think Chocs form has been down this year? Bar an error or two against the Storm, I think he's clearly been our best forward this year.

totally agree.

You get rid of Brett,or downgrade him and force him elsewhere...so who do we get to replace him?You've gotten rid of Robbo and wolf,too,so who would be your Fullback,centres and wingers,and who would you actually buy?

Brett would be on a lower contract for sure. We cant afford to have 400K on the sidelines and that is a high possibilty risk with him.

Hoppa will need to be in the side permanetly from next year so someone will have to go, oldfield is looking good too.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8