Controlling media - anyone for tennis?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Meanwhile, in China...

Kind of sticks out like a sore thumb that one of the biggest stories in the world for the last week - not just sport but all news - has been the detention of world's greatest ever (maybe) tennis star Djokovic. Yet all week it has not rated a single line in China's mainstream news outlet Global Times. They always feature news from 'the West' yet missed this one.

It's almost like they don't want to acknowledge the existence of the sport of tennis, currently. For some reason. Wonder what it could be?

Oh well. Anyone for tennis?

1642199480262.png

Meanwhile, in China...

Kind of sticks out like a sore thumb that one of the biggest stories in the world for the last week - not just sport but all news - has been the detention of world's greatest ever (maybe) tennis star Djokovic. Yet all week it has not rated a single line in China's mainstream news outlet Global Times. They always feature news from 'the West' yet missed this one.

It's almost like they don't want to acknowledge the existence of the sport of tennis, currently. For some reason. Wonder what it could be?

Oh well. Anyone for tennis?

View attachment 20049
Novak must of mentioned "Tibet" in his Covid defence.

All the best @Captain Moondog

Has Anyone just watched the Andy Murray victory! Wow. 34, two hip surgeries, only got in on a wild card. Credit to his 21st ranked Georgian opponent . I’m not a huge tennis fan, but when you see a game like that one, it’s hard not to be.

Great day/night for the Aussies. Aus v Aus in the doubles final Saturday night. Ash Barty just smashing all her opponents so far. Into the final, and just waiting to see who she meets after tonight’s other semi. And it was good to see the Special K’s, cut out the shiit that the media will have us believe is "showmanship ". But today they were focused on the game of tennis. (apart from Kyrgios smashing his racket in a mini tantrum…..but very mild, considering his usual crap).

Meanwhile ... and still zero mention of tennis in the Global Times! They cover sport all round the world, from NFL to cricket matches, even pseudo sport such as solo ocean crossings. In over 100 sport stories today for example, they even have a story about Sun Yang selling cosmetics while serving his ban... but Ash Barty and the grand slam of tennis no longer exists!

Meanwhile ... and still zero mention of tennis in the Global Times! They cover sport all round the world, from NFL to cricket matches, even pseudo sport such as solo ocean crossings. In over 100 sport stories today for example, they even have a story about Sun Yang selling cosmetics while serving his ban... but Ash Barty and the grand slam of tennis no longer exists!
I wonder if they’ll cover the Medvedev melt-down. Probably not. Wouldn’t won’t to piss their only friends, the Russians off.

I wonder if they’ll cover the Medvedev melt-down. Probably not. Wouldn’t won’t to piss their only friends, the Russians off.
I'm sure they won't mention it. I first posted this a couple of weeks ago and they are still not mentioning tennis or anyone or anything to do with tennis. I'm not sure if that is just in the foreign English language version, or if is the same version that the Chinese people are provided with. It is a pretty bizarre reaction to the Peng Shuai situation and the ban by WTA

Early in the Barty match, and already I’ve muted the sound of the constant over the top commentary. Just stfu when the game is in play.

Woohoo! She’s done it. Comes back from 5-1 down in the second set to win it. Reminded me a bit of Cathy Freeman in the Olympics. So much pressure and expectations to win it in your own backyard.:clap::clap::clap:

Woohoo! She’s done it. Comes back from 5-1 down in the second set to win it. Reminded me a bit of Cathy Freeman in the Olympics. So much pressure and expectations to win it in your own backyard.:clap::clap::clap:
And the irony of it was apparently Cathy Freeman was there as a spectator.

To fight her way back like that, what a champion. Woohoo!

The Special Ks win. Melbourne win the bogan capital of Australia. Not the Ks fault. Just some deadset fuuckwits in the crowd.

Last edited:
And the irony of it was apparently Cathy Freeman was there as a spectator.

To fight her way back like that, what a champion. Woohoo!
She was getting pics with Ash, Evonne Goolagong-Cawley, and Thorpie. Some of the ppl that Ash has attributed as being an inspirational in her life.
ps.I reckon Ash has picked up Corona as a sponsor, after ripping into one with the Ch9 panel.:giggle:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4