Cooper Cronk

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
How driven is this bloke? Easily the best half in the NRL great kicking game, solid defender and he just punishes teams everytime they make a mistake. He seems to be the type that would train harder than any other player in his team. He's prob the only storm player i like.

Well deserved cc medal yesterday.

And at least he isnt as grubby as smith/slater.

He's miles ahead of Thurston and Benji.

Was thinking the something today - he was rewarded for his effort and would have been the most driven player this year.

After we won the title last year, he must have feared the rise and rise of DCE and the risk of losing his rep spot. He must have known that DCE will always have greater natural ability than him, but he overcame that, and all other challengers with nothing other than being the hardest worker and trainer. A man obsessed to be the best.

I still hate him and the scum. But there is a lesson there for our halves this off-season.

I haven't seen a more competitive player on the field in years.

This guy not only runs the show and has a great passing and kicking game, it's his desire in defence to never give up that impresses me.

Time and time again, you'll see the opposition trying to score a runaway try and he either gets across to stop it or at least is diving at the heels of the tryscorer to attempt to stop the try. He at least drives them out wide and are lucky to score in the corner as he's coming across.

He has a big heart this kid... a never give up attitude. Well done.

Disagree I still rate thurston on his day, as competitive and great kicker
Who would you buy if you had a spare 800k, and needed a halfback.
JT For mine, but it is all just opinion.

See the look on cronks face after the game last night? Barely any emotion, already planning how hes gonna go back to back.......

beaverlyons said:
Disagree I still rate thurston on his day, as competitive and great kicker
Who would you buy if you had a spare 800k, and needed a halfback.
JT For mine, but it is all just opinion.

I'd still take Cronk. His temprement alone puts him above JT, especially when it's down to the business end and big games.

His leadership of the team is outstanding. You even watch the origin game when he kicked the field goal (i hate thinking about it), he was composed and made sure his team worked just as hard for the remaining few minutes

SW Eagle said:
His leadership of the team is outstanding. You even watch the origin game when he kicked the field goal (i hate thinking about it), he was composed and made sure his team worked just as hard for the remaining few minutes

His leadership is a very strong point. I'm surprised he isnt storm/qld/aus captain. He seems more of a leader than Smith.

A lyon, Gallen type. Leads by example with performance.

His no look pass to slater leading to slater's try was kind of impressive too.

peanuts

Apart from the fact that he is a Queenslander and plays for the wrong team it is very hard to be anything but full of admiration for this bloke. Not only is he a mighty player but he conducts himself so well in interviews. Very low key, self effacing.
A real champion.

His and JT's form will unfortunately prevent DCE from getting much airtime in the representative arena :(

Cronk's kicking is the one DCE/Foz should be studying.
It kept the ball in the Storm's hands all finals:idea:

Mals said:
Cronk - great player, also has a terrific website ;)

Yeah I was going to say that his website alone puts him ahead of nearly every other half in the comp - let alone the fact he can play.

Truly inspirational, that scruffy kid in the corner to CC medal winner.

I often go there when life throws up an obstacle and return full of dreams - although the dreams are like fish and may slip through my fingers - but I do love fish.

Cronk's Page

I think he is a product of the Storm system and he's no dummy and I think he realises that. That's why at the end of the day he won't leave the club because he knows he won't flourish in another environment. He hasn't had anywhere near the influence at the representative level as he has had on a club game because he isn't running the same things.

A NSW series win or 2, (hopefully) will see QLD move to DCE is he continues to improve.

Cronk gives simple and insightful advice that everyone would do well to test for themselves, and helps to explain his success and the Storm's success. Hopefully the leaders in our team take note. Here's one of my favourites that points to a reason for his composure on and off the field:

"it’s only in stillness you can find the clarity to achieve greatness." Cronk

His influence on the Storm would far exceed what we see him do on the field.

Im a Manly supporter but gee took your advise and looked at his website I tend to tar all footballers with the brush (boof heads) but this is serouisly insperation stuff. Dont care if he plays for the storm he is one dude that has his act together show it to your kids.

Rex said:
"it’s only in stillness you can find the clarity to achieve greatness." Cronk
One can only assume T Rex has been attempting this path. He must have tremendous clarity by now. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6