Corey harawira naera

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
can find the try line thats for sure

we would be crazy to to show interest.

When is his contract up?

Could have Billy B and him in the backrow - that would be a great combo

can find the try line thats for sure

we would be crazy to to show interest.

When is his contract up?

Could have Billy B and him in the backrow - that would be a great combo
Not too sure but surely penrith cant keep everyone. Sitaleki is sitting in reggies as well. Would love him at manly nothing but raw aggression and hard running with him. Would add some mongrel

Storm and Sharks are frontrunners to sign him. Seems like a typical Storm signing - out goes Tohu Harris in comes the next one.
He has made huge metres in each of his games so far and has a few linebreaks. Shame it looks like we aren't in the race.

We aren't linked to anyone besides tupou. Makes me think we are holding off until next years salary cap is determined..

Would look great in the maroon and white ,but can't complain when clubs try to poach our juniors.

Do you know this for a fact or are you just using the Lurker comments where he stated that he only knows about Tupou as the only one we're chasing?

Manly are still trying to get Stewart and Matai's retirements sorted - they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have signings they wished to make. You can bet your bottom dollar it'll be for these types of signings before the years out.
Not saying we'll sign CHN but just saying that I'm sure there's more on the horizon than what the Lurker prints in his weekly spiel.

I heard about Tupou on the foxsports market watch not so long ago. Matai and Stewart will be off contract at the end of the year so we can now sign players for 2018 season..

Stewart and Matai aren't the reason we aren't buying players becuase we can buy who ever we want, but if we wanted a mid season signing we can't get one. I think the cap is the reason same with most of the other teams. Until the caps sorted teams will be reluctant to sign anyone.

I read something on fox sports the other day about an agreement for the salary cap almost being being finalised and the number mentioned was something like 9.38 million.
It's always enjoyable to speculate but lets not forget we've made some great recent acquisitions with Walker, Taupou and Kelly (how good has Uate been going) so I'm not stressing to much about our ability to find quality.

This bloke would be an awesome addition to our back row. He's got a great motor on him and runs hard, something we do lack a bit of.
Penrith won't be able to keep him, unfortunately @Pepi is right, makes so much sense for the storm to sign him, I suspect any young player would be crazy not to take good money from Melbourne, and he'll kick on there in a big way.

Yeah realise that.
But to try and force the retirements means Manly would have players they want mid season, otherwise they wouldn't bother....
I'm not sure if this is possible, maybe if they can get them to retire this year they can use the money to pay forward and top up other players contracts.
So it would be like money in the bank.

Yeah it's completely possible. If they are retired due to a non pre-exisiting injury their salary is removed from the cap. Somewhat similar to the Choc retirement as his salary was removed last year mid season.

The club would be well within their rights to replace the $1.3m after the NRL approval and make use of the player transfer deadline which is June 30.

Remember contracts start in November, so even if "retired" now, we would still be up for 6 months of them. That of course would be off-set by the fact that any pre june 30th signing would only have 6 months in this years salary cap.

Would look great in the maroon and white ,but can't complain when clubs try to poach our juniors.

I reckon there's a difference between poaching from a pretty small junior pool (like ours) vs a massive nursery like Penrith. They can't possibly offer an NRL pathway to all the talent out there, so it's unavoidable that some of their juniors will end up at other clubs. The alternative is that guys who should be in first grade (and would be, at most clubs) are stuck at the reserve grade bottleneck until someone gets injured or leaves.

How much dosh would we even have for next year??

We might have just over a million tied up with Matai and Stewart this year and if we could get the NRL to do the right thing use that money this year to top up current players or maybe try to sign some other players. Depending on how our cap sits from 2018 and if we could even fit any new players in. But we don't have any extra money for next year apart from what is in the cap.

And we have Tom and Jake on about $900,000 and $700,000, from 2018. And who knows what Walks etc are on as well.

A lot of if's and maybe's unfortunately at this stage....!

Just amazes me though how some clubs are so active in the player market and are throwing big dollars around....!!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4