Corey Parker - CTE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I played League, Union and Soccer at minor rep levels for all three - & I got knocked out 4 times that I remember from other activities ... I have symptoms of CTE and early onset ...... but then my sister, who is a princess and never did anything physical (well maybe one activity), has dementia .... it really is a hard one .... but no doubt CTE is real and not uncommon

Just wonder how many CTE symptoms with R L or ex R L players could be related to other sporting activities , especially boxing or even limited boxing involvement .
Know a couple of ex footy players who i played against at a fair level in my area who are now.
experiencing some serious and apparent prior concussion related issues and had done quite a bit of boxing as well in their younger years .
Anyway , shame again that gladiatorial approach at most levels of footy back in the day or maybe not that long ago was an expected or part expected aspect of the game and not questioned to any particular extent .
Though it was just not confined to Australian competitions .

I'm in my mid forties (give or take eternity) and still box and kick box, etc and accept the risks involved in doing so but it is what it is, you either do what you love to do or your you just go play soccer or golf or do something else equally as mediocre, complaining about the choices you made after the event seems silly especially when you managed to make your family a good living from it in the way Corey Parker has. NRL players should accept with big money comes increased risks, their pay packets compensate them for that risk.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8