Cornish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
This guy needs his own thread, because he is our last great hope of salvaging something from the impending wreckage of 2016. This guy is a better prospect than Elgey IMO, because he doesn't run with his chin glued to the bottom of his neck (in case some of you haven't noticed, Elgey has a peculiar running style haha).

Im the serious stakes however, this kid has all the skills. He played in the 7 along side Brooks who wore 6 in the NSW under 20's which also contained Clinton Gutherson at 1; come on Clint, get in this guys ear. He is young and you can build a team around a young half. He is not Sandow or Hodkinson, so he has that going for him too. Canberra had high hopes for this kid, but with Stuart at the helm, his confidence has probably taken a shot, but he can find it again at Manly.

My team for next year looks like this;

Snake
Gutherson
Hiku
Matai
Taufua

Lyon
Cornish

Myles
Ballin
Jake Trbojevic
Sika Manu
Symonds
Buhrer

Mateo
Lawrence
Lui
McInnes

I think we should look at Albert Kelly as well, because he can cover a few positions, and the chances of Cornish and Lyon remaining fit for the duration of the season are slim.

I like what i have seen of Cornish. I think he as suffered under Ricky Stuart. Would much prefer him over Sandow and Hodko

Tom T should never play Toyota cup or NSW cup again. He's a first grader.
I disagree.

At 18, he still has plenty to learn about playing fullback and he can't do that with Snake in the 1. I also think his body should develop against guys his own age, rather than seasoned first graders. Nothing good comes of rushing a future star, especially when we have other stars (like Gutherson) who are 3 years older and have developed that little bit more. All in good time is my motto.

What happened to the international halves we were promised??:mad:
Cornish played junior Kangaroos?!

I don't know if you noticed, but Sione Matau'tia was picked for Australia last year, Dugan and Johnston got picked this year, so it doesn't take much to be considered an International these days haha.

I disagree.

At 18, he still has plenty to learn about playing fullback and he can't do that with Snake in the 1. I also think his body should develop against guys his own age, rather than seasoned first graders. Nothing good comes of rushing a future star, especially when we have other stars (like Gutherson) who are 3 years older and have developed that little bit more. All in good time is my motto.
To be fair, TT is over 6 foot and weighs 92 kg's. He ran for over 200m and scored 2 tries on his debut and put his teammates to shame.
He's in 1st grade to stay IMO.

I've been more impressed with Blake Austin. The guy is on fire this year. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Pity about the mid 90 style horrific undercut.

Look, I'd take my 84 year old grandmother over the train wreck that is Sandow, Hod, and Carney.

So failing her availability I'd be happy with Pasti

Am I chopped liver over here? I refer you all to my posts on Cornish in other threads. They were largely ignored, sometimes ridiculed. He is well worth a look. Excellent track record at junior level, still young, only 8 1st grade games. Full of potential.

Am I chopped liver over here? I refer you all to my posts on Cornish in other threads. They were largely ignored, sometimes ridiculed. He is well worth a look. Excellent track record at junior level, still young, only 8 1st grade games. Full of potential.
Lol chopped liver. You obviously you needed to give him his own thread title @;). Agree with you on his abilities.

To be fair, TT is over 6 foot and weighs 92 kg's. He ran for over 200m and scored 2 tries on his debut and put his teammates to shame.
He's in 1st grade to stay IMO.
Agree 100%, if you good enough your old enough. No point holding back players that are clearly 1st graders.
Brad Fittler, Israil Folau, Andrew Johns just a few players that have debut in there teens...

Cornish is an option I like more than most of the others.
I am from Canberra & have watched every one of his 1st grade games. He was supposed to be the next big thing, the next Ricky Stuart. He seems over coached & lost that instinctive approach. He looked very ordinary in most games, so I am not a fan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6