Corso live site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
From mwse website

Manly Council Chambers
Immerse yourself with local Sea Eagles supporters on Grand Final Day and watch the game on a big screen set up outside the Manly Council Chambers in Belgrave Street. The atmosphere will be electric in Manly, home of the Sea Eagles.

The Anglican Church on the Corso, has cancelled the evening service, and will show the game live too.

They did it in 2011 too :angel: I think the Pastor was on the news last night talking about it.

Its also the annual Jazz Festival, so the Corso will be grooving to 2v :D

My mum wrote me an email saying something about St Matthews in the Corso opening their doors for the game and ringing their bells when manly score or something? Any truth to that

Lord Eagleton said:
My mum wrote me an email saying something about St Matthews in the Corso opening their doors for the game and ringing their bells when manly score or something? Any truth to that

Yeah, he knows what the Faithful want :angeL:

'Church of the open door' even welcomes Roosters
October 2, 2013 Michael Chammas

If you can hear church bells ringing in Manly on Sunday night, the NRL premiership trophy is likely on its way back to the northern beaches.

Reverend Bruce Clarke from St Matthew's Anglican Church in Manly has cancelled his regular Sunday night service and will transform the house of God into an Eagles nest as a live viewing site for this year's grand final.

More than 300 people are expected to flood into the church to watch the Sea Eagles do battle against the Sydney Roosters. It will be the second time in three years the church has cancelled its Sunday night service for a Manly grand final.

Mr Clarke, a Sea Eagles tragic, said church bells would echo across the northern beaches after every Manly try, and fans would watch the game on a large projector inside the church.

''We're the only family-friendly and alcohol-free site in Manly,'' Mr Clarke said.

''A lot of families came and we put a free barbecue on at half-time and we will be doing the same this year. The church is called 'the church of the open door' - that's what it's known as.

''We have a long history of saying anyone is welcome here. Whether they have been to church or not, even Roosters supporters. Because we love God and love people and we want to be a church that serves our community.''

While members of the church have embraced the idea, he said not everyone had applauded the decision to cancel the 6.30pm service to show the NRL decider.

''From our church, they thought it was great,'' Mr Clarke said. ''Our vision is to be a church for the people here in Manly. They loved it and were very supportive. I did get a few letters and complaints from people in the community asking, 'what sort of church are you, cancelling a service for the football?'

''But none of that came from people who came here. My bishop was very supportive and understands what is happening and thinks it's great.''

Mr Clarke began supporting the Sea Eagles in 1972, the year Manly won the premiership against the Roosters in their only meeting against the Bondi club in a grand final.

''I remember Bob Fulton played and scored and I was eight years old watching on the black-and-white television in Artarmon and I thought 'that's my team','' Mr Clarke said.

''I've been a fan ever since. I prayed for them this morning and I'll pray for them all week.''

:angel:
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/church-of-the-open-door-even-welcomes-roosters-20131001-2uqs8.html#ixzz2gcQ3StZm

am-w-church-20131001202319906755-620x349.jpg

Rev Bruce used to be my minister at Figtree Anglican in Wollongong. He married my wife and I. An awesome guy who loves the maroon and white. He has done this before at St Matt's and loads of non churchies went and had a great time. The church will be full so head along if you want some parochial company.

That's great to hear. I have a soft spot for that place my parents were married there 50 years ago.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4