Cosmetic question for the tippers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

Have a quick question for you. For the tipping comp, when selecting your tips do you prefer to have a drop down list of "Team a, Team B and Draw"

Or do you prefer a radio button where you select the team you want.

Am just doing some coding and need to know your preferences in order to implement that in the new system.

Dan

an idea of what a radio button is

aspnet_radio_buttons_repeater_thumb.jpg

I can go either way pretty easily just wondering if anyone has any specific preferences on this, i.e. are radio buttons easier for mobile users?

I'm more used to a drop down list......but

I don't mind either way.

Don't ever log on via mobile (only non-retired people with jobs have mobiles), if that's easier then party on.

Either way my tipping could suck start a Harley so no different coding shall help.

hmm I prefer drop down list when using a computer, it's harder to miss any, but the radio is far easier on a mobile when jumping from option to option.

I will start out coding it as a radio button and then just see how I go from there

Dan

Buttons next to the teams...but lets face it its only once a week, so whatever is easiest

neither is easier than the other really its just different code
I supposed buttons are slightly easier as I do not have to go and build arrays etc

I like the drop down list. Is there any chance we could flip the results table so it looks like I'm closer to the top??

mozgrame said:
I like the drop down list. Is there any chance we could flip the results table so it looks like I'm closer to the top??

Just stand on your head @[mozgrame]
Thats what I do. :D

Clint said:
mozgrame said:

Just stand on your head @[mozgrame]
Thats what I do. :D

Haha! I never thought of that. It would probably be easier than flipping the monitor every time. Then I wouldn't have to pick up all my emails off the floor! :p

haha I could add some sorting to it I am sure :)

@[mozgrame] do you use a mobile or the standard theme

I thought this thread was going to help with gratuities advice on my upcoming USA trip.

Daniel said:
haha I could add some sorting to it I am sure :)

@[mozgrame] do you use a mobile or the standard theme

I just use the standard theme. Whatever you decide to do is fine by me mate. My tips suck at any rate :)

Buttons if they are easier for mobile. log on a fair bit via mobile phone.

I ended up going with drop down for the simple fact that Adding Draw to the list made things look pretty ugly.

I only have the leaderboard left to write and I will be releasing the first beta for everyone to test

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2