Costello Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Costello, ello, ello

The politics at Brookvale have claimed another scalp. Manly Leagues Club boss David Costello has quit, lasting just over 12 months after arriving with much fanfare on a mandate for change.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/just-a-minor-gaffe-ryan-backs-morrow-over-racist-remarks-20130511-2jepd.html

Interesting to see a story there with Justin Poore looking for a return to the NRL.Allowing for injury and his "I'm going to wreck my career,so I'm going to Parra" choice, he'd be a good pick-up with Kingy gone. Manly do have a good record of resurrecting players careers.

Yes he blames his 'poor' stint at the Eels on injury. I think he's a one-time SOO player? Could he be a Josh Perry type?

Phantar said:
Completely different take on Cotello's departure over at Phil's Place.

Yes he got taught a lesson on manly politics at the club A G M a few months ago. Its no place for the faint hearted.
I was told he had been telling people for months that the politics was making him sick.
I am told that the leagues club is losing to much money every month and is struggling to pay its rent to the owners.(PENN)
He wont be missed

Good to read Magilla Thomson is on the leagues club board, he's a bit of a forgotten man but we wouldn't have a club if Ian Thomson hadn't of sealed the deal with Max Delmege in 2002.

CamSmith said:
Good to read Magilla Thomson is on the leagues club board, he's a bit of a forgotten man but we wouldn't have a club if Ian Thomson hadn't of sealed the deal with Max Delmege in 2002.

Hmmm...I wonder what Arko makes of this development?

BOZO said:
The Godfather was the one that found our saviour Max the Messiah

I spoke to Delmege about how he got involved and it was Peter ODwyer from the Jnr league introduced thomo to max. Thomo then had max meet Arko. That's when it started. Max was a sponsor of the Nth Eagles first and then put a deal together to buy the club. It was a better deal than the Penn's put up as it allowed the members to stay involved in the club. The Penn deal did not. Members voted on it in 2004. Penn took up shares in 2006.
Thomo is a good club man and I hope he becomes Chairman of the Leagues club and not Zorba. Zorba is out lobbying for the job.

They are all good Manly men at heart, I hope for the clubs sake they all work together as one .

The clubs a basket case. It needs someone with marketing skills, ZOrba? I don't think so. That club should be the place on the northern beaches that puts on quality entertainment, ala Enmore Theatre. There's nowhere on the beaches that puts on bands that attract. It remains just a watering hole for the dwindling pensioners.

In a plus for the club....

My son has been to a number of parties at the children's play cent that has been set up.

It is well run, clean, place - not sure of how they work rent etc but i have been pleasantly surprised by it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4