Could 2017 be a Suprise Year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think we will be a premiership threat as well but I just have a gut feeling that the top 5 is our destination. Its just whether the players we've got (one of the best squads IMO) bind together as a team or play as individuals, that is ultimately the main part of 2017, getting these players to play together and to play for eachover

I can't see even on paper how we have a top 5 squad, if the form in 2016 is anything to go by.

I hope you're right, but that's with everything going as planned. About half of the untested up and comers will end up being duds, that's just the way it goes in the NRL.

Wishful thinking at it's finest.

I can't see even on paper how we have a top 5 squad, if the form in 2016 is anything to go by.

I hope you're right, but that's with everything going as planned. About half of the untested up and comers will end up being duds, that's just the way it goes in the NRL.

Wishful thinking at it's finest.
I too hope I am right, it does all depend on how our youngsters develop however this top 5 I feel is realistic should they do so. Meehan and Jamil Hoppa look promising. The biggest threat to my prediction is the backs. I feel 2016, however, was unjudgeable. We were pathetic week in, week out but for me I think injuries played a huge part, not to the forwards but to the backline of which was evident in round 26 where the firing panthers backs went up against Lewis Brown, Matt Wright, Brayden Williame and Brad Parker opposed to the 2017 backline of Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Steve Matai (if fit) and Akuila Uate with Tommy Trbojevic at the back. I see that the backline will be fixed next year and that the forwards will only get better than they were in 2016 (nrl stated that they were the best in nrl, they conceded one of the lowest metres up the middle and the fewest points conceded through the middle)

Sorry for this YART :giggle: I'm
do agree as you said that not everything goes to plan just hopefully 2017 goes mostly to plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Matai is a very very important piece of our puzzle in 2017. IF..and I mean IF he played every game injury free that would have a massive positive effect. However I can't keep up with all his surgeries..lol Neck/shoulders?? Anyone know what's been done this time and heard a prognosis???

Matai is a very very important piece of our puzzle in 2017. IF..and I mean IF he played every game injury free that would have a massive positive effect. However I can't keep up with all his surgeries..lol Neck/shoulders?? Anyone know what's been done this time and heard a prognosis???

If Matai is unable to come back, I suggest a surprise tester with Jamil Hopoate in the centres. Just a gut feeling.

Sounds like a good idea, he would be like a junior Paulo in the centres accept quick and not fat.
Or like Tony Williams playing at wing for us a few years back and similar to Manu Mau for parramatta at the back-end of the season for the eels

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2