Could Manly win the Under 20's?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
It is RD24 and Manly is in 5th position on the under 20's ladder. Can our young guns pull of a Premiership? Here is the current ladder (top 8):

1st Panthers pts40 F&A 304
2nd Cowboys pts39 F&A 447
3rd Broncos pts37 F&A 293
4th Roosters pts28 F&A 93
5th Manly pts27 F&A 58
6th Raiders pts26 F&A -133
7th Warriors pts25 F&A 94
8th Tigers pts24 F&A 84

The top 3 teams, the Riff, Cowpokes and Bongos are laced with great talent and will be very hard to beat. If Tom Turbo plays, our team is a 12 point a game better side. He brings so much extra. We need to get into the top 4 if possible, they play Parra who have struggled all year and then the Roosters and that could be for 4th spot,

What ever happens its great that Manly have a competitive team and we have some fine youngsters coming through.

The top 3 teams, the Riff, Cowpokes and Bongos are laced with great talent and will be very hard to beat. If Tom Turbo plays, our team is a 12 point a game better side. He brings so much extra. We need to get into the top 4 if possible, they play Parra who have struggled all year and then the Roosters and that could be for 4th spot,

What ever happens its great that Manly have a competitive team and we have some fine youngsters coming through.

So we should all get to Brookie early on Friday week to cheer on the boys, a Top 4 spot beckons.
But how many of us can get there for a 5.30pm kickoff?
That's another thing the NRL don't get, a lot of us grew up watching three games and we hardly get that now.
I appreciate with Friday and Monday nights thats not always possibe but....look at this week - a 4.00pm kickoff but ressies play on Saturday at 3.00pm (so does that mean we have to hire the ground for two days instead of one with all the associated costs?)
WTF?
Gates open at 1.30 and U20's start at 1.45.
Ahh, the old days when we'd get there at 11.00am and settle in for the day with about 15mins between games.
It doesn't really give you any incentive to get there early and make a day of it does it?

So we should all get to Brookie early on Friday week to cheer on the boys, a Top 4 spot beckons.
But how many of us can get there for a 5.30pm kickoff?
That's another thing the NRL don't get, a lot of us grew up watching three games and we hardly get that now.
I appreciate with Friday and Monday nights thats not always possibe but....look at this week - a 4.00pm kickoff but ressies play on Saturday at 3.00pm (so does that mean we have to hire the ground for two days instead of one with all the associated costs?)
WTF?
Gates open at 1.30 and U20's start at 1.45.
It doesn't really give you any incentive to get there early and make a day of it does it?
Me and my family used to love those days when you got three games to watch, we used to make a full day of it and by the end of first grade none of us would have a voice from screaming at the boys and the opposition fans but what great days they were !!

Will they win this week? With Jorge likely to be suspended I can see Tommy back on the wing in first grade against the Speels.

Why the troll Pablo? It was a serious question based on the fact that our NYC team has shown that its a better prospect of winning with Tommy playing fullback than when he's not in the team.

I got them on at 22/1 last week & now their into 12/1.....a serious chance at full strength & though Tom & Demitriou are the show stars theres plenty of talent there

They play a good brand of attacking RL, so credit must go to their coach.
I wonder what the longer term plans are for him?

They should win without Tom this week and he will be back for the roosters game. Win that and its 4th from there anything is possible.

What about our much maligned Willow's Warriors :inlove:
All 3 Manly Grades could and should make the Finals :clap:

upload_2015-8-19_9-50-20.png

They play a good brand of attacking RL, so credit must go to their coach.
I wonder what the longer term plans are for him?

The coaching style is actually passed down by the head coach Toovey. Its normally the same for all other clubs as well through the lower grades. The reason being, players from the lower grades know exactly what the game plan and structure is for playing in the first grade side if they get called up

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6