Cowboy Bani

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Does anyone know if it is true that Michael Bani is being offered to the Cowboys
next year ? It could free up some money for JWH, Wolfy, Orford, etc.

Is has been reported in the press I beleive but whether it is true or not is another matter.  Having said that he is surplus to our needs and his form has not been up to NRL standard this season

It is closer to home for him.

He'd games in late 07 and l early 08 were excellent.

I still think that he would ahve made a better fullback than Robbo.

But with Big T rex showing a bit of potential. And seeing that Dessie had Suniala as 18th man. Bani might struggle to gain a spot in the top 17

Cowboys have about 2000 wingers dont they? Not sure they would take him

But I guess Hegarty and the other bloke they have are getting on in years, thought Williams and the other bloke seem to be going ok lately

Bani has had extensive shoulder problems and that has affected his confidence in defence. He is lightning fast and the try he scored last year against Parra was sensational.

The big question is whether his shoulders will ever be great or whether he has an ongoing problem. On form he is sensational and someone has to make the judgement as to whether he is worth keeping for longer.

Unfortunately I think it's Bani's time to go. He showed a lot of promise but Manly's two mainstay wingers are Wookie & Robbo now & we should look to maintain their positions at the club.

Manly is lucky in that we have a lot of junior talent rising up across all positions, Oldfield & Sheehan have really excelled this season & of course Hoppa Jr. is the talk of all the forums.

Sorry Bani, thanks for the memories.

Yep , apparently Manly are close to doing a swap with North Qld for Ben Farrar.
Could even be announced today some time, Effective immediately I assume.

dceagle link said:
Yep , apparently Manly are close to doing a swap with North Qld for Ben Farrar.
Could even be announced today some time, Effective immediately I assume.

BEN Farrar could become Brett Stewart's short-term replacement at Manly with the Sea Eagles negotiating to swap Michael Bani for the Cowboys flyer.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the two clubs are close to signing off on a deal which will see Farrar, a Newcastle junior, join the Sea Eagles and Bani move to North Queensland. Manly see former dugong hunter Bani as only a winger and are interested in Farrar because he can also play fullback, handy given Stewart's injury and pending court case.

We also understand Bani is keen to make the trip to Townsville where he will be closer to his family, who live on the Torres Strait Island of Mabuiag.

"They have been in talks and it looks as though something will happen in the next 24 hours," a source close to the Sea Eagles said. "It probably will be a good move for both of them.

"Bani will be closer to his family and Farrar will get a chance at fullback and I think his family is from Newcastle."

Bani stormed into first grade during 2007 but injury allowed cult hero David "The Wolfman" Williams to take his place last year when Manly won the premiership.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25549682-5012652,00.html

Bani is tackle shy.  He must have ongoing problems with his shoulder as he doesn't put it into any tackle.  Maybe under the cows coach he can get some technique happening.  Pity it's tacken so long to do something.  Hopefully the Ox will be the next to go. 

Maybe we should swap him for Wolfmans brother and get him to grow a beard as well

Okay so does this swap mean we save any money on the cap?  Probably not and we're back to the same problem with 2 wingers off contracts.  a replacement for Bani who can play fullback and wing covering for Stewart is great but what happens when Stewart comes back?
I'd hate to see Bani (or anyone else) leave and play against us but thems the rules.  Cheers Bani if you do go, you did some top work for us

eggson link said:
Okay so does this swap mean we save any money on the cap?  Probably not and we're back to the same problem with 2 wingers off contracts.  a replacement for Bani who can play fullback and wing covering for Stewart is great but what happens when Stewart comes back?
I'd hate to see Bani (or anyone else) leave and play against us but thems the rules.  Cheers Bani if you do go, you did some top work for us

He's a good swap for us he'd cover us in the centres also and give us some much needed depth.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=180548.msg225412#msg225412 date=1243466510]

He's a good swap for us he'd cover us in the centres also and give us some much needed depth.
[/quote]

Centres....bye bye Neumann!?!?!!!?  haha If only...
Well going by what everyone's saying about Farrar it's all looking good.  Hopefully we hear some firm news real soon

Supposedly Bani is not so happy to make the move. He has a girlfriend who lives on the beaches with two young kids who can't move north if he goes.

That's terrible!  seriously, that's terrible.  :'(

But that's what happens in professional sport nowadays

eggson link said:
Stewarts contract  will be null and void if he is found guilty of anything,so that will relieve cap pressure

SeaEagleMAn link said:
Supposedly Bani is not so happy to make the move. He has a girlfriend who lives on the beaches with two young kids who can't move north if he goes.

Cheap airfares abound.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8