Cowboys great season a myth?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Last year 14 wins 10 losses 32 points
This year 15 wins 9 losses 34 points

This year

Only win over a top 4 side was Melbourne when they were in a post origin slump losing 6 in a row with Slater out.

Other than that against top 8 sides they beat canberra twice(in the middle of a horror run), brisbane twice and Cronulla once.Brisbane and Cronulla need to ask which way the tryline is.

Last year

Beat the top 3 sides(Melb,Manly and Brisbane) and the Grand Finalists,The Warriors.

This is hardly a superior year and it is definitely worse v quality opposition.What they have done is flog the easy beats hence the great for and against and the perception that they are some f...ing juganaut.

Did I mention that I hate them with a passion.

Souths cop it every week for not beating top 4 sides and they got touched up again on Saturday by a top 4 side.It aint easy to turn it around against the gooduns.

Hi Susan,

You shouldn't underestimate them, 2 pnts different may not seem like much. but remember last year it was second vs seventh , they were coming off multiple losses at the years end. Thurston had only just returned from being in a wheelchair post origin 3, Brent Tate had returned around round 18 from knee recon and Matt Scott was battling a back problem, also there dynamic duo in Bowen and Thurston are playing like they never have and with players like Tamou and Scott averaging 150+/game thats dangerous.

Put that against Manly last year who were in the top form (40 points 2011 compared with 34 2012) and with arguably the best halves combination all year. As great as the sea eagles are it seems like they have dropped a bit since 2011 which is completely understandable from what happened, premiership , new coach ect.

The cowboys are a fierce opposition this year, just which one will turn up, 57% completion in round one or 90% completion rate (final week1). will determine the winner. They should not be taken lightly.

I dont take them lightly Undercover.I think they may very well get us if we are depleted.Just saying that perception is a big thing.Thurston has been fit all year and they have had zero injuries outside Sims.

Given all the bad things that went against them last year as per your post above, why have they performed much worse against top 4 opposition this year and won one more game this year than last?

Given everyone thinks that the exact team as last year (except Linnette), which no one rated then,is now supposedly a team of superstars I would have expected a better finish than 5th win one extra win.

One thing to note is there points against is basically the same as last year,they attack better but they can let plenty in. Of alll the sats that get thrown around performances against the best sides is one I always put a lot of faith in.

Also undercover,we won our last 6,mostly on the road against top quality opposition and lost last week by 6.Our form was the best of all teams going in yet we lose one game and we are "out of form".Dont buy it,Im afraid.

Niggling injuries and suspension may beat us,the cowboys won,t.

Yeah they are a bit like Souths, they mainly pick on the lower ranked teams. They still played very well against us the last time we played them so we need to play our best to beat them.

Same game last year they beat us.This year we are wounded in the middle of a long road trip and we win(and should have won by 12 except for the pinkies)I just cant buy this stuff about them being so much better in 2012.

Cows should have finished better on the ladder but as pointed out havnt really troubled the top 4 and as we all know dont travel very well.

I think we will win this solidly if Lyon plays and if not should get home still but 6 - 12 points

The headline should read . Cowboys great season is about to come to an end .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8