Cowboys next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yep Cowboys it is.

although unlikely , we still could face Tigers if they lose to the Sharkies by more than 17 points.

I think the Bronco's are going to have a little extra for us again, afterall, do they really want to play the Warriors?

We should let the cowboys win and keep them in the finals.. Get rid of a higher team make it easier for us later.

SP_Eagle said:
I think the Bronco's are going to have a little extra for us again, afterall, do they really want to play the Warriors?

If they beat us by more than 43 then we may as well not bother showing up to the finals. There is no way that is going to happen.

mickqld said:
SP_Eagle said:

If they beat us by more than 43 then we may as well not bother showing up to the finals. There is no way that is going to happen.

I agree Mick. A win against the Broncs would certainly be against the odds.. but a loss of that magnitude is unthinkable.

mickqld said:
SP_Eagle said:

I agree, in reality it won't happen, I was just making the comment

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
manlyfan76 said:
We should let the cowboys win and keep them in the finals.. Get rid of a higher team make it easier for us later.

lol, then we get Glenn and Darcy back a week sooner.

Brookvale said:
manlyfan76 said:

And we get rid of a real challenger for the prise ( tigers or brisbane )as by tonights performance the cowboys are not.

Brookvale said:
manlyfan76 said:

then its a possibility of having to go to NZ to play the Warriors

A full Manly squad would easily account for the Cowboys---we have Thurstons measure(i don't rate Thurston as highly as others)---its Bowen i worry about.(up the middle the smaller light footed players will worry us)

Lussick is a huge loss---showing good potential with his go forward the odd offload and his mobility also helps defensively.

The forward rotation is what worries me most and our defense has not looked composed in our red zone---its more scrambling than efficiently composed. Big gaps up the middle with tired inside forward defenders further out from our redzone were evident against the Storm big time and previous games as well.

The last tackle Robertson done in the first half was 2008 Manly---yes the many changes in our wingers have contributed to our defense sliding and going backwards but it seems to have filtered into our centres a little as well which is worrying. Even in that defensive play our outside defenders were holding back Robertson saved the day and made our defense look better than it was.

manlyfan76 said:

You know, that's an interesting strategy.
Using the NRL ladder predictor with a few likely scenarios, it looks like, if we do let the Cowboys win, then:

Wk2 it could be: Dragons v Sea Eagles & Cowboys v Tigers
Or: Warriors v Sea Eagles & Cowboys v Broncos,
Or: Tigers v Sea Eagles & Cowboys v Dragons.

I dunno, I think overall it would be best for us to beat the Cowboys in Wk1 and have that Wk2 off to let our boys rest & psyche up.

Of all the final 8 teams, I rate the Cowboys the weakest, then the Knights - so would somehow love to face either in Wk3 of the finals.

Will be cheering on any opponent to the Storm mightily.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7