cowboys pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I keep hearing on the forum and elsewhere that the cowboys pack is much better than last year.

They may be playing better but it is exactly the same pack as last year to the man.Sims was out just like last year and as far as I can recall it will be virtually identical.Johnson,Hall,Payne and Cooper are pretty old and a year older this year.The bench looks much the same with Segeyaro and Tomolo and a couple of plodders.

The backline has had the injection of Linette who is going well and the young 7 has improved but apart from that it too is basically the same backline.

I think the cows will probably get us with our injury/suspension and the momentum but this is the same side and a side who have the memory of last yeas nightmare fresh in the memory.That was a pretty comprehensive bashing.

I was referring to "performing better" and more consistent in a previous post.

I don't fear the Cowboys as there is more than enough flaws in their game to take advantage of.

Missing players, fatigued forwards and a lack of hunger will be the only issues that will allow the Cowboys to win, if Manly have a high completion rate we should be ok.

We had Robbo, Hoppa and Rodney!

Players getting better with age.

James Tamou has come leaps and bounds this year. I did not rate him one bit last year. Grub pushing DCE after the ball was kicked when Hoppa scored.

I rate Linnett and Tate, they just seem to run great angles and strong in defence. This game will be nothing like last year. Whare will be in for a very long night if he plays like the sh1t he dished out last Friday.

last years finals drubbing will be in their memory and they won't want a repeat. I'm pretty confident we can get them, even with a few on the sideline, but it definitely won't be a boil over like last year (ill happily eat my words if it happens). They are a vastly better team than they were last year. We're going to need the main guns firing with accuracy and standing up in this one. I'm looking forward to it.

Tamou is better but was good last year as well,but Scott has dropped back a little since last years heady heights.Maybe his Mums death has effected him but he doesnt seem as explosive.

Stewart,Choc,Williams v Cooper,Johnson and Hall- no contest.

They're like Souths in so much as that they usually don't play well under the crushing pressure of favouritism/expectation . Their forwards don't really hunt as a pack although individually they can be outstanding. They also have a propensity to clock off in defence. JT can be shut down with rushing in your face defence as per Origin 2 (G.Stewart to the fore).

To be honest, Gifty has been a shadow of the player he was last year, same with T-Rex. We really need them to step up. (How many months have i been saying this)

On potential and rep, we win that 2nd row battle. On Form, Cowboys win.

Look .I think the cowboys may very well get us but you would think Cowboys were minor premiers the way people are talking about their "form".They won 2 more games than they did last year,we have been beset by injury and suspension and still beat them home.

We won our last 6 in a row,with a long stretch on the road and lost our last game by 6 points to the minor premiers.Other than the dogs that is by far the best 'FORM"going around.

It is one thing to beat the Sharks and Brisbane over the last two weeks-those two sides can't remember how many points you get for a try.It is another to beat a hardened eagles outfit in Sydney( if we can field a competitive side).

Didn't we win against this 'much vaunted team' a month back? If we keep a straight line and tackle, we beat them. (I keep saying this over and over). DCE must either kick the ball dead, or out. No ball to Bowen. Run the big guys at JT and tire him. His defense is hopeless. I don't rate them, apart from Hall, and only because he's an ex-Manly guy. I've booked to Melbourne.

Tamou is 1000 times better this year. Agreed, Matt Scott has had an ordinary year by his standards, but he's still elite. Johnson still tackles all day, Hall and Cooper are solid. Taumalolo is a big danger off the bench.

I wouldn't say their forward pack is better than ours, but it's certainly functioning alot better than the Cowboys pack of last year.

I see the forwards as about equal. The halves are where we need to step up. No falling for the JT dummy and run and hit him anyway on suspicion every time. Then the biggest threat is their back speed. Tate amazes me the way he keeps coming back. It all comes down to our centre and wing defense. We need to man up everywhere.

How about something different this week...like Choc running lines outside of Foran instead of T Rex just like the old days . Maybe T Rex could be used as a decoy , but he might knock over 5 Cowboys in the process .

I'd bring Harrison back in and put T Rex to the bench. We need a shock weapon off the bench and Joe,George,Lussick,Mauro don't provide it. Harrison is a worker and a toiler to counter Johnson and Hall. T Rex can nullify Taumalolo off the bench.

ManlyBacker said:
It all comes down to our centre and wing defense. We need to man up everywhere.

And thats what worries me no Matai or Lyon(possibly) and Thurston Bowen will have a field day.

Time for whare and whoever else to step up massively!!

Tips for the team

B. Stewart: easy one just look before you pass make sure its a manly player.

Jorge: Do exactly what you did last week awesome.

Lyon: Dont get injured :(

Matai: Enjoy the game cheer the boys hard

Whare: Stay on your wing, trust your centres unles its buhrer then your both screwed.

Foran: Hit the line hard. Defend hard. Take the game in your hands

Cherry: As above. Own the game. You and foz are the best halves in the comp. Show them why.

King: Give it everything you got. Forget offloads concentrate on holding he ball and bending back the defence. Thats it.

Ballin: Do what you do. Get the boys off the ground fast and get those play the balls running quickly.

Kite: Same as king.

Choc: I love you choc BUT IF RUN SIDEWAYS ONE MORE TIME I WILL SMASH U MYSELF!!!

T-rex: Could be your last game with us give it your all. Run onto the ball. And keep running once u have put the defender on there bums.

Gifty: Your plays are becoming obvious to defenders. Pass closer to the line and get in there faces. Try a dummy once in a while.

Buhrer: I just hope your dummy half but if your centre dont run in so much mark your man trust the boys either side of you.

Galavao: Your a machine. Keep it up. Also please re-sign with the club.

Lussick: No niggle. Run hard. No dumb offloads in traffic. Enjoy parra.

Vic: Simple and safe is what you do best. Run hard and get us going straight.

effnic said:
Tips for the team

B. Stewart: easy one just look before you pass make sure its a manly player.

Jorge: Do exactly what you did last week awesome.

Lyon: Dont get injured :(

Matai: Enjoy the game cheer the boys hard

Whare: Stay on your wing, trust your centres unles its buhrer then your both screwed.

Foran: Hit the line hard. Defend hard. Take the game in your hands

Cherry: As above. Own the game. You and foz are the best halves in the comp. Show them why.

King: Give it everything you got. Forget offloads concentrate on holding he ball and bending back the defence. Thats it.

Ballin: Do what you do. Get the boys off the ground fast and get those play the balls running quickly.

Kite: Same as king.

Choc: I love you choc BUT IF RUN SIDEWAYS ONE MORE TIME I WILL SMASH U MYSELF!!!

T-rex: Could be your last game with us give it your all. Run onto the ball. And keep running once u have put the defender on there bums.

Gifty: Your plays are becoming obvious to defenders. Pass closer to the line and get in there faces. Try a dummy once in a while.

Buhrer: I just hope your dummy half but if your centre dont run in so much mark your man trust the boys either side of you.

Galavao: Your a machine. Keep it up. Also please re-sign with the club.

Lussick: No niggle. Run hard. No dumb offloads in traffic. Enjoy parra.

Vic: Simple and safe is what you do best. Run hard and get us going straight.

Great post. Also, just do what you did to them last year at the same ground.

Technical Coach said:
and a lack of hunger will be the only issues that will allow the Cowboys to win, i
That won't be a factor. I think we'll see Kite, Choc and George hitting the ball hard and straight through the ruck to give ballin some momentum for the flyers. We absolutely can't be dominated in the forwards like last week!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4