Cowboys v Manly [Round 18 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Sea Eagles Team:
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon ©
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Peta Hiku
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Jamie Buhrer
12 Justin Horo
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Richie Fa'aoso
15 George Rose
16 James Hasson
17 Ligi Sao

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Hiku at 7....wow !!!

Am looking forward to seeing that, I think he'll go alright.

I don't think there is any chance he will play 7 actually

Feel a bit disappointed for Chisholm but will see what we run out with. Would have to think that Rose and Glenn are still highly in doubt as well, I'd give Rose a 1% chance of playing

The fact that there is no extended bench just says expect many a change to that named team.

And im with you KE. Hiku has spent all his time preparing for debut at 1 and after a small handfull of 1st grade games is then thrown in at halfback. I dont think so.

Cows
1 Clint Greenshields
2 Ashley Graham
3 Antonio Winterstein
4 Kane Linnett
5 Kalifa Faifai Loa
6 Ray Thompson
7 Robert Lui
8 Ricky Thorby
9 Anthony Mitchell
10 Glenn Hall
11 Ethan Lowe
12 Jason Taumalolo
13 Joel Riethmuller

Interchange
14 Rory Kostjasyn
15 Gavin Cooper
16 Tariq Sims
17 Scott Bolton
18 Michael Morgan

Coach: Neil Henry

Kiwi Eagle said:

Feel a bit disappointed for Chisholm but will see what we run out with. Would have to think that Rose and Glenn are still highly in doubt as well, I'd give Rose a 1% chance of playing

I think you'll find in defence he'll play in DCE's spot. But for attack, he'll play a fullback role like he has been, and Snake will play the right side, similar to how he was for the Buhrer try.

ManlyArmy said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I think you'll find in defence he'll play in DCE's spot. But for attack, he'll play a fullback role like he has been, and Snake will play the right side, similar to how he was for the Buhrer try.

That worries me because Hiku isn't prepared at all for front line defence and the Cows still have some dangerous runners

I'm disappointed the selectors don't have the faith to select a natural halfback in Chisholm when the position becomes vacant, preferring to play a heap of players out of position.

I guess that tells Dane he is not wanted at Manly, and to try his luck elsewhere.

The Who said:
I'm disappointed the selectors don't have the faith to select a natural halfback in Chisholm when the position becomes vacant, preferring to play a heap of players out of position.

I guess that tells Dane he is not wanted at Manly, and to try his luck elsewhere.

I wouldn't say not wanted, maybe not quite good enough.

Natural halfback?

He's played 1, 6 & 7 this year and fullback for France.

1 first grade game in three years ( on the wing, I think ) with three clubs may say something. Some guys are just very good reserve graders.

Hiku is on a three year deal, a big part of the future of the club and has handled himself admirably filling in for Snake.
Foz will be calling the shots anyway.

Note: this is just my opinion on a forum CCE and healthy debate is encouraged!!

I think Hiku would be Ok in the front line defence. let's face it the only places to hide in the modern game is on the wing or at fullback.

I quite like his footwork and his willingness to get involved. We could do a lot worse than get the ball in his hands. Whoever plays 7 will just be filling a spot, Foz will be running the show ably supported by Snake. We might get to see what Snake has to offer as a ball player.

The Cowboys will be trying to rock the fringes with wide running backrowers. Cooper, Sims, Taumalolo and Bolton. That's their MO, but whether Lui and Thompson have the passing game is another matter.

Jason Taumalolo could be anything under a decent coach. He seems to be offside with Neil Henry. I hope he doesn't decide to make a point to the coach next Monday. He can be an absolute wrecking ball in attack and his defence is not as bad as it's made out to be. Having said that , I don't see many points in that Cowboys team and I think Manly will win comfortably.

It is interesting to see hiku named at 7.

I agree i dont think that is the team that will start on monday. I think gift will play, Rose not sure.

At least we have a 7 day turnaround.

Hiku played some games at 5/8 for Warriors in under 20s last year - not sure how many games but was playing there toward the end of the season I think, when he got the player of the year award.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6