Craig Bellamy to consider retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
image.jpg

Fri 11 Dec, 2015, 6:55am

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy says he will make a decision on his future after this summer's NRL pre-season.

The 56-year-old is off contract at the end of 2016, however he has until May to activate an extension clause in his contract which would keep him at the Storm until the end of 2018.

"I just want to see how I get through this pre-season and see how I am feeling," Bellamy told News Corp Australia.

"I don't want to do the wrong thing by the club either.

"I have just come back off a rest so everyone is feeling good after a rest. It is a matter of how I am feeling at the end of pre-season."

Bellamy has previously stated he is unlikely to coach any other club once his current deal is up, meaning retirement from the game is the most likely option.

His tenure as head coach with the Storm, who he took over in 2003, is the longest in the game. The next closest rivals are Des Hasler and Michael Maguire, who took over Canterbury and South Sydney respectively at the beginning of 2012.

The Storm have made the finals every year under his tenure, with the exception of 2010 when they were effectively rubbed out of the competition after being caught cheating the salary cap.

They have also made five grand finals, winning three, however the 2007 and 2009 victories were stripped as a result of the cap breach.

Bellamy also said he expected Cameron Munster, who impressed while filling in for Billy Slater at fullback for much of 2015, to earn a spot somewhere in the starting line-up.

http://www.nrl.com/craig-bellamy-to-consider-retirement/tabid/10874/newsid/91150/default.aspx

There will always be an asterix next to his coaching record. Ah that's right he had no knowledge of the 2 contracts Storm players were signing... :talking::wondering::rofl:

As much as i hate the storm. He has done a great job down there. They seem to be in the mix come finals all the time . Even thou they have the big 3 alot of their other players are relativly unkowns.
He is nothing but a filthy furking cheat and should have been banned for life along with O'Sullivan in 2010. The NRL will be a far far better place for his demise.

He is nothing but a filthy furking cheat and should have been banned for life along with O'Sullivan in 2010. The NRL will be a far far better place for his demise.

Agree, he is a grub of the lowest order, complicit in the salary cap rorting and mastermind of wrestle mania.He deservers bad karma for the rest of his wretched existence.

There will always be an asterix next to his coaching record. Ah that's right he had no knowledge of the 2 contracts Storm players were signing... :talking::wondering::rofl:

1,000,000% agree. Bellyache was up to his eyeballs in the rort. And as for the players? Yeah, they knew nothing and thought the boats and house renovations were lottery wins. And none of them knew they were signing 2 contracts.......

Chuckling to this...

His 'Big 3' are on their way to finishing and it seems he isn't up for the rebuild of the team... leaving whoever replaces him with an almost impossible job, and the club up a certain creak...

The sooner the better. If only his wrestling, grubby footprint would disappear from the game as well.

Just go!

Get off the fence Ralphie and tell us what you really think of him. :nod:
Ok then, he built a reputation whilst cheating by having a squad he should never have had. He has benefited from that to this day because players go there for "unders" to play for the messiah. Despite gaining that advantage to this day his team has been rubbish the past 2 years and he looks like running because of it. He is an average coach whose ONLY success was as a result of cheating.

But of course this is only my opinion.

Chuckling to this...

His 'Big 3' are on their way to finishing and it seems he isn't up for the rebuild of the team... leaving whoever replaces him with an almost impossible job, and the club up a certain creak...
Maybe Roy Masters could have a crack at them? He loves the Squall - after all, they've always been a struggling club like Wests were during his tenure there. With a fine tradition of bending the rules on the field (just like Wests) and high standards of corporate governance off the field.

And for what its worth, I think Bellyache killed NSW's chances in 2008 when he started Kurt Gidley at fullback instead of Snake in Game 3 of the Origin series. Gidley offered next to nothing while the NRL's best attacking weapon was left sitting on the bench for most of the game.

And its not like NSW needed a goal kicker as they already had Craig Fitzgibbon who kicked 3/3 on the night.

Dumb decision.

Jesus, he's nudging 60. Looks bloody good considering age and the job he has.

Anderson aged about 20 years in 2 as coach, and had a heart attack at a game !!

What I love, Is the Storm have been an elite team, and people say they are Manly's rival.

That's much better than people comparing us to The Eels for example. Shows we are elite as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2