Craig Bellamy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On one hand his tenure at the storm has involved the worst of rugby league, aka salary cap rorting, wrestling etc, but on the other hand he has done a magnificent job in keeping the storm competitive for a decade or so.

On his blights, the salary cap....I can't lay the blame 100percent at his feet, but surely he is still inthe wrong here and had an inkling of what was going on. If not I find that a complete shock that someone like Bellamy didn't know what was going on.....or at the very least had strong strong suspicions.

As for wrestling, it sux, but it's not up to him to police himself. If it's a problem the refs and the NRL need to penalise it. It's no good saying 'we don't wrestle' but lose. If the NRL aren't going to penalise etc that shows their weak leadership.

His strength is he hires for personality over skills, and every player has a defined role that he ensures they can fulfil their duties.
Then they train the system ad norseum

Yep. You can't argue that he is the most successful current coach by far.
When do you think our recruiters will wake up to the fact that you need tall, athletic, fast Fijian wingers these days?
Jorge is good at gaining metres but can't jump or catch well.

everything bad in the nrl has spawned from his twisted mind.

I shall never give him the time of day much less respect.
Good coach but always inventing the newest, dirtiest thing to do. The lower leg twisting, introduced of course by the purples, is being used by most teams and it really irks me. Can ruin a blokes season jarring them at the knees/lower legs like that.
Grrrr..Purple Cheats!:swear:

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Craig Bellamy is the best coach in the competition, and has been for a long time. In the game last night, the Storm were leading the Bronco's by 30 points. One of the Storm players made an error, and the camera pans up to him. Craig Bellamy was fuming and ordering instructions. He has a 60 plus percent winning record, and has done so with a team that had no established junior base for some time.

Yep, both players developed by Bellamy. Cronk was told by the QLD Reds that he would not cut it at top level sport, Smith was told by the Raiders that he was not physical enough, Slater rejected by the Broncos for the same reason as Smith and Inglis overlooked by the Broncos also. I suspect that Craig Bellamy has the ability to develop a player or two in future also.
Lets see how he goes when Cronk and Smith retire.
Those 2 are a coaches dream. Probably 2 of the best footy brains the game has ever seen. Plus super intense about winning

I can bet even when cronk and smith retire he will "manufacture" another robot or two .

u can see his attitude... a job needs to be done and if u dont do it u will be yelled at from the coaching box and u will be sacked. this creates pressure for the players to be 100% at everything. he takes no prisoners.

Bellamy and Hasler are of the same mould.

Last edited:
Craig Bellamy is the best coach in the competition, and has been for a long time. In the game last night, the Storm were leading the Bronco's by 30 points. One of the Storm players made an error, and the camera pans up to him. Craig Bellamy was fuming and ordering instructions. He has a 60 plus percent winning record, and has done so with a team that had no established junior base for some time.

Have to agree there. And although they do have a junior base in the Victorian Rugby League, its hardly the same quality as what you would find in NSW or Qld.

Have to agree there. And although they do have a junior base in the Victorian Rugby League, its hardly the same quality as what you would find in NSW or Qld.

You would think they have close to the best talent scouts in the competition though.

It helps having feeder clubs in Queensland (Easts Tigers and Sunshine Coast Falcons - the former Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles where DCE played in 2010 - in the Qld Cup).

Last edited:
Lets see how he goes when Cronk and Smith retire.
Those 2 are a coaches dream. Probably 2 of the best footy brains the game has ever seen. Plus super intense about winning

I think you may find Bellamy created Cooper Cronk and the player he is today. The same cant be said of others at the Storm like Smith or Slater.

But Cronk was no junior star. A small half who tried hard, but who's massive effort far exceeded his ability.

Cronk got his start, for one reason and one reason only. He was better then most young halves with his accuracy kicking a football in general play. Bellamy was happy to develop the rest.

Cronk is rather handy in every aspect of the game these days.

You have to admire his attention to detail. His team do the one per centers better then everyone else, given the way the game has developed, I'd suggest better then any NRL team ever.

Im pretty sure, Storm had Kenny Bromich first. Bellyache, literally asked all his players who do you know who is an NRL standard player who isn't in the big time. And Kenny said my big brother playing park footy is better then me.

No other coach goes close to taking Neville's and turning them, not just into good players. But great players.

Wayne Bennett great man manager, and great at attracting wealth within a footy club to buy a great roster, but as a coach achieving without superstars. Bellamy leaves him for dead.

Belly ache deserves the wraps. The highest wraps

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4