Credit where credit is due

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
i have been one of many to blow up about recruitment of players and staff.

It seems, even though Trent Barrett is still learning the trade, it is clear the players are putting in 100% for him and the club.

Our forward recruitment is shaping up to be top 4 material ( our forwards matched the Bulldogs pack last week ) Api Koraisau 57 tackles plus the rest of the boys

Yes letting go of Gutherson in order for him to see more first grade, may have been a good or bad idea ( it may be a master stroke in 2 years time ) and Hiku etc

It looks like we are heading in the right direction :)

It has been a messy year, but the boys and club made me honoured to be a sea eagle supporter with that performance last week against the Dogs

We will never know if the previous football department would have made the SNAP cleanout and forward recruitment decisions

But it looks like Bob fulton is building one heck of a pack of forwards with DEPTH

Bring on 2017

Agree look at our forwards for next year possibly with other additions:

J Trbojevic
D Lussick
M Taupau
J Buhrer
N Myles
L Brown
A Fonua-Blake
L Knight
N Green
W Meehan
J Hopoate

Great pack of forwards to go into the future with, Myles to teach through his experience, Jake the inspirational leader. It's very exciting.

What happens when our traditional injury curse and suspensions happen?
It's not how good your team looks on paper it's how many top players you can keep on the paddock.
While our forwards do look strong, on paper, our backs are the opposite. Unless we can get a speedy winger and centre, at least, then we'll have one of the worst backline in the comp. Unfortunately.

It's not how good your team looks on paper it's how many top players you can keep on the paddock.
While our forwards do look strong, on paper, our backs are the opposite. Unless we can get a speedy winger and centre, at least, then we'll have one of the worst backline in the comp. Unfortunately.

Agree, as it stands our backline isn't looking world class in 2017, BUT , next season is more than six months away and there's sure to be more comings and goings before then.

What I've said all along Who.
Injuries are the great leveler. You can never predict what's going to happen.
Our forwards have improved significantly. But let's face it....they had to.
Our backs, however......@:rolleyes:.
Walker is fast. But can the guy learn to run a line ? I'd like to see us add someone with genuine pace. A real speedster that scores if he's in the clear. It might be the injury (I hope it is) but Tommy seems to get run down.
We really miss Gift and Killer running the show on the right. That side has done bugger all this year.

Well, at this stage two of the best backs evar to play for Manly (Snake and Matai) are still on our 2017 roster, so on paper we have a brilliant backline.
Walker would only get a wing spot.

If I had the chq book, I would be waiting to see what eventuates with them before signing anyone. The type and class of player I would be looking for changes exponentially with the freed cash.

I'm still not 100% sold on The most beautiful coach in the cosmos, but he's definitely showing the rights signs in my opinion and whilst he may not have had the best of years it's his FIRST YEAR as head coach.

On top of this we've had a truly woeful run of injuries over the last 2 years that certainly affected the results of both Trent and Tooves..

How long are you giving Chad Randall, Mark?
Williamson has had no success but continues to be employed as a coach.
At Manly it's not a results-driven club - despite the Penmanship that suggest otherwise at the start of the season.

Possibly Willo is doing the job that several head coaches have now tasked him to do. That may or may not include winning games.

Pretty hard to concentrate on coaching when you know ZTH is stalking your every move, as Tooves knows.
I am unconvinced that Peter Peters pulls the strings at Manly.
From my distance he is a Manly stalwart (and premiership winner and lifelong Sea Eagle)(ever since leaving the Eels!) who thinks of himself as a wheeler and dealer but is more likely just a mouthpiece for others who wield the real power at the club. Could be wrong of course.

Agree look at our forwards for next year possibly with other additions:

J Trbojevic
D Lussick
M Taupau
J Buhrer
N Myles
L Brown
A Fonua-Blake
L Knight
N Green
W Meehan
J Hopoate

Great pack of forwards to go into the future with, Myles to teach through his experience, Jake the inspirational leader. It's very exciting.
Pretty much the same forward pack we had this year and we missed the finals.

I think we need to add another good forward. Not necessarily international standard, but a good forward with strength and some NRL experience.

We should give Wayde van Niekerk a tingle. He goes alright.

It's a good thing its the same pack with only some changes, we're second for metres gained this year. We just need better backs that can convert the field position into points.

It's a good thing its the same pack with only some changes, we're second for metres gained this year. We just need better backs that can convert the field position into points.

We had the backs mate, just never got them on the paddock fit and firing in their positions..

1 Snake
2 Taufua
3 Matai
4 Turbo
5 Walker
6 Lyon
7 DCE

Not a bad backline when in form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4