Cricket Etiquette

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
What do you guys and gals think of the -
"no running when the ball hits me 'rule' ".
If I'm going for a run and you are that crap of a shot, that you hit me or my bat, instead of the stumps, well screw you hippie, I'm going to run again.
When did this 'etiquette' come in and where did it come from?
I'm sure 5 years ago it was a free for all. If you hit the batsman instead of the stumps, the batsmen would scamper off for as many runs as they could get. And rightly so imo.

I thought it had been around for years. I remember seeing it displayed in tests when I was a young'un.

And I just used the term young'un!

Not sure where it came from. But now I think there is a rule that batsmen can be given out if they deliberately change course to block a thrown ball reaching the stumps (?) so maybe recently that etiquette had been sliding by the wayside.

The batsmen used to go for an extra run or 2 if the ball hit the stumps and went flying off, and still do.

When I was younger, I didn't mind running if the ball hit me (but it never did, thankfully).....

But as a bowler I used to like mankating if the batsmen was a douche (yet the umpires who were basically teachers back then called me a bad sport????)

And as a (crap) batsman I never walked until the finger went up - unless my stumps were cartwheeling all over the place which often happened.

But hey, that's primary school for ya!

You might be right GE. Maybe it has been around forever. I thought it was only a relatively recent development.

it has been around since day 1.

and yes GE is right if you are running and alter your line to block you can be given out. it would be a game umpire to do it but the rule is there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8