Critics Beware!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Monday night was not the best performance in 2011 from the Seaeagles & thats not a dispute , flat after 6 straight wins & execution down. Same hand the players put in & many imo have been unfairly hammered. Suddenly in 1 game Foran is being compared to former Manly greats & apparently doesn't rate -considering his age I think comparisons could wait a few years or after he does the lap of honour. King is a grub who runs into players illegally- some must be Bennett washed. Buhrer not as effective- yes agreed & is lightweight - thats why at full strength he plays on the fringes not a winger rucking up the middle & he definately has a bright future. Matai hides when going is tough??? Possably the hardest player in the game & loves the rough stuff- if anything guilty of getting sucked in during the heat of the moment. Robbo too slow - well not as quick as the other 3 wingers & imo 3rd best we have but many wingers wont catch Soward. Its fair to have opinion & be critical when its deserved & i'm sure i'll cop plenty for having an opinion here - still think some of this is unjust tripe & come seasons end many will have egg on face.

Haha you are fairly new here aren't you?
I can't help noticing how little criticism there has been, considering what it is generally like round here after a loss.
The consensus seems to be that we aren't too down about our prospects despite this loss.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I can't help noticing how little criticism there has been, considering what it is generally like round here after a loss.
The consensus seems to be that we aren't too down about our prospects despite this loss.

I was thinking the same, driving back from The Gong on Monday I was saying to my mates I expected it to be ugly on here.

Pleasantly surprised that it hasn't been to bad.

Brookie4eva said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

I was thinking the same, driving back from The Gong on Monday I was saying to my mates I expected it to be ugly on here.

Pleasantly surprised that it hasn't been to bad.

Agreed. I think it comes down to one thing. We know we put in a good fight and we know we were out-muscled. If it was Parramatta it would be a different matter all together. Monday was a test for us, we failed it this time (not at full strength either) so we aren't worried.

If we meet them again in the finals with players missing, then we'll be worried. However, at full strength we know we can beat them now.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Fair enough - good to hear things are on the positive - just seemed ppl had jumped the gun about a few players - 1 week superstars - next week total duds. Just think Monday showed many positives that did not reflect on the scoreboard & lots of the critisism was maybe not real opinion but frustration of losing to Illawarra.

It's called venting mate; don't worry they'll be up again next week. The tragic fan is often a bit bipolar. And we're all a bit tragic here....kind of a 'qed' situation

Ian Martin tragic said:
It's called venting mate; don't worry they'll be up again next week. The tragic fan is often a bit bipolar. And we're all a bit tragic here....kind of a 'qed' situation
Haha - i think your right - my missus says i have that disorder & often wanders into my games room thinking i'm screaming at guests then discovers its just me watching those Seaeagles..... :p

Smells like 2008 to me. When we the lost hyped up game at Brookie to the Storm in 08, I went to work and declared us premiers, I just remember thinking 'you got us this time, but we'll get you in October'. I had the same feeling after Monday night and am quietly confident and a couple of St George colleagues (after their initial gloating, which I afforded them as they did win) admitted that they are nervous about coming up against us again.

mosto said:
Smells like 2008 to me. When we the lost hyped up game at Brookie to the Storm in 08, I went to work and declared us premiers, I just remember thinking 'you got us this time, but we'll get you in October'. I had the same feeling after Monday night and am quietly confident and a couple of St George colleagues (after their initial gloating, which I afforded them as they did win) admitted that they are nervous about coming up against us again.
Very similar indeed my friend - i too can see the same happy ending!! :cool:

Agreed. To me we were on the scent for them, chasing them down as we have alot of teams this year. We just didn't hang in there swinging with them long enough. Another couple of sets of six and we could have had em.

When that bomb went up after another good defensive effort from the dragons we kind of blinked and they said 'ok so your'e done?' Boyd made the break, watmough added the holding down penalty and it was game over. Dragons frustrated us so credit to them but it wasn't as if we looked out of the contest; on the contrary.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6