Cronulla v Manly Waringah Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Overall Head-to-head Records
Played 75; Manly 50, Cronulla 22, Drawn 3

Head-to-head at Toyota Stadium
Played 29; Manly 15, Cronulla 14

Record Crowd these Clubs (Excludes Finals)
20168 at Toyota Stadium, 9/4/1994 (Rd 5), Cronulla Won 26 - 14

Last 10 Games Head-to-head: Played 10; Cronulla 5, Manly 5
Won By Score Venue Date

Manly 34 - 6 Toyota Stadium 12/7/2008 (Rd 18)
Cronulla 16 - 10 Brookvale Oval 15/3/2008 (Rd 1)
Manly 29 - 22 Toyota Stadium 20/7/2007 (Rd 19)
Cronulla 15 - 12 Toyota Stadium 17/6/2006 (Rd 15)
Manly 20 - 18 Brookvale Oval 25/3/2006 (Rd 3)
Cronulla 68 - 6 Toyota Stadium 21/8/2005 (Rd 24)
Manly 46 - 20 Brookvale Oval 20/3/2005 (Rd 2)
Cronulla 30 - 28 Brookvale Oval 23/5/2004 (Rd 11)
Cronulla 28 - 20 Toyota Stadium 27/3/2004 (Rd 3)
Manly 36 - 18 Brookvale Oval 21/6/2003 (Rd 15)

SOURCE:
http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

This really should be an easier game for us but i hope the boys are a bit more concerned after the loss

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles Team Line-up
Manly Sea Eagles
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Queensland Cup Team

1. Dennis Sandow
2. Michael Chapman
3. Shane Neumann
4. Ryan Walker
5. Mark Page
6. Jack Pearson
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Phil Morwood
9. Cameron Joyce
10. Vic Mauro
11. Steve McPhee
12. Jon Grieve
13. John Muir

Interchange
14. Rob Godfrey
15. Junior Palau
16. Simon Allen

source
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=18300

This is the one game that I desperately need Manly to win every year, I have too many mates who are Flake supporters.

The game at Endeavour/Ronson/Toyota/Caltex Oval last year was the turning point of our season, we really aimed up and starting playing the kind of football required to be a force in the premiership. Let's hope it is a similarly watershed game for us this year, we showed glimpses of it against the Dogs albeit not quite clinical enough in attack. I'd love to have Brett back for this game, but it seeme unlikely. We'll be without Matai and LeSnak and can ill afford injuries in Origin tomorrow. Any word on Lyon's ankle ?

Cronulla Sharks
1. Nathan Stapleton
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Matthew Wright
5. Luke Covell
6. Trent Barrett
7. Scott Porter
8. Kade Snowden
9. Corey Hughes
10. Luke Douglas
11. Reece Williams
12. Grant Millington
13. Anthony Tupou

Interchange:
14. Jack Afamasaga
15. Johnny Mannah
16. Mitch Brown
17. Terence Seu Seu

http://sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=team

Referees: Steve Lyons & Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Daniel Eastwood & Mohamad Fajajo
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles Team Line-up
Manly Sea Eagles
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Queensland Cup Team

1. Dennis Sandow
2. Michael Chapman
3. Shane Neumann
4. Ryan Walker
5. Mark Page
6. Jack Pearson
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Phil Morwood
9. Cameron Joyce
10. Vic Mauro
11. Steve McPhee
12. Jon Grieve
13. John Muir

Interchange
14. Rob Godfrey
15. Junior Palau
16. Simon Allen

source
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=18300

Good to see that MWSE website is finally advertising the QLD Cup team & results even though it would appear to me that it took until mid-June to do it.

Information that MWSE failed or simply forgot to mention when they advertised the team listing is that it is the QLD Cup round 17 team to play Tweed Heads at Stockland Park (SCSE home game) on Sunday at 3pm.

Team Line-up - Sharks vs Sea Eagles
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Coach Des Hasler will see the return of his State of Origin players for the Sea Eagles clash at Toyota park but will be without International centre Steve Matai who was suspended for 2 weeks. Matai joins Heath L'Estrange who still has 2 more weeks to serve.

Jamie Lyon and Ben Farrar will partner in the centres with Bailey returning to 5/8.

Des has named a 5 man bench including rookie Kieran Foran and international Brent Kite.
SEA EAGLES NRL

1 Michael Robertson
2 Tony Williams
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Ben Farrar
5 David Williams
6 Chris Bailey
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Hall
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Kieran Foran
15 Brent Kite
16 George Rose
18 Shane Rodney
21 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Coach Des Hasler
SEA EAGLES TOYOTA CUP TEAM

Dave Penna's Toyota Cup team had a massive win against the Dragons last week even with out stars JWH and Kieran Foran who are again named in the NRL line-up.

The Sea Eagles are 3 points clear at the top of the table and come up against a Sharks team languishing in last place.

1 William Hopoate
2 Mitchell Porter
3 Josh Portlock
4 Jason Annear
5 David Sheehan
6 Gary Riccardi
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 James Cunningham
9 Liam Higgins
10 Lama Tasi
11 Mitch Jowett
12 Darcy Lussick
13 Jamie Buhrer (c)

Interchange
14 Scott Blanch
15 Todd Wilson
16 Magnus Stromquist
18 Cameron Dyer

Coach David Penna

source
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=18322

Great side on paper, good to see Des sticking with Foran. If Kite cant respond to being benched maybe we should drop him to QLD cup?

Just on the 20's does anyone know how Mitch Jowett has been coming along? i know he played junior reps a couple of years ago, now in the starting side.

Cuthbo isn't named in any side this week.  I wonder if he is injured (pride)?

Pepi link said:
Great side on paper, good to see Des sticking with Foran. If Kite cant respond to being benched maybe we should drop him to QLD cup?

Just on the 20's does anyone know how Mitch Jowett has been coming along? i know he played junior reps a couple of years ago, now in the starting side.

only needs 1 B Stewart as a late inclusion
pray.gif

Pepi link said:

He had a blinder on the weekend.

Cronulla v Manly, Saturday 7.30pm (EST), Toyota Stadium
The Adjudicator says: "Although the Sea Eagles have plenty more to play for, this is essentially a battle of wannabes looking to stake their claim for places 9-16 on the ladder. Manly's total lack of depth was made embarrassingly public in the same weekend that the real contenders showed how to win with second-string sides. Manly will win this, let me make that clear early, however the win will do nothing but shower the maroon and whites in false hopes. The Sharks have a week's rest behind them but last time I checked they had firmly slipped back into the comfort of mediocrity prior to the break - and Manly are still marginally better than mediocre."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match.

Email The Adjudicator, including your full name and where you're from.

[email protected]

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25772491-5018866,00.html

LATEST COMMENTS FROM FANS

Sea Eagles fan Damon says: "Yes Manly were outclassed on the weekend , but we had all our fringe defenders out for Origin, where as ST George was only missing a few forwards and 1 backrower. Yes it was eventually a one sided result but we can recover and roar into the finals… just you wait Mr Adjudicator… you will be eating a Manly flag( and your words) come finals time. "

Sea Eagles fan Russ from Narrabeen says
: "Last time I disputed your opinion (backing the hopeless Roosters vs Knights) and i think you were almost spot on (knights by 30) when the knights gave them a drubbing. This time I agree with a Manly victory over the hapless "boys from the shire" however I have an issue over the contempt you hold with the mighty Eagles and reigning premiers. It's one thing questioning their depth should a key player or 2 be missing but Sunday's flogging by the Dragons (who are the form team) should be forgotten as quickly as any Storm defeat during the origin series. With speed back on the wings and no Shane Neumann, Manly will get up 20+"

Sea Eagles fan Sally from Newport says: "Judge, Judge, JUDGE! When are you going to give Manly any credit for their performances and try and seep a positive out of any game they play or any form. I’m tired of reading your dreadful analysis of all of the Sea Eagles performances. For a team that is missing 5 players to origin, one to suspension and the marquee player to injury you are very harsh to criticize against a team that is obviously filled with star players, exemplified by their involvement in State Of Origin. I am not taking anything away from the Dragons win last week but it must be noted that they scored 20 points in 13 minutes, showing a lack of class by the Manly players but demonstrating the fact that they can put up a contest even without some of the best players in the game. It will only be a matter of time before our team doesn’t have to rely on their depth, as no team would expect to be missing 7 players. Manly to win this weekend by 12+ and to prove to you that they will be finals contenders."

Sea Eagles fan Rob from WA says: "Respect where respect is due. You are a true rugby league supporter Mr Adjudicator for your contempt with which you hold the Sea Eagles - hats off to you. But you embarrass yourself by failing to acknowledge that the team you despise does in fact have talent. To suggest Manly are only capable of finishing 9th at best is optimistic on your part. They will begin their climb into the top 6 this week against the sharks as you suggested, and it will be from there that they will make a real nuisance of themselves come finals time!"

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7