Crowd at ANZ last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Last year everybody gave it us, because on a very cold Saturday night we could only get around 14,000 to Allianz Stadium, a game which began at 8.30pm, and also against a team with probably only half a dozen supporters.
Last night "the pride of the league" only managed to get 21,000, a game which began at a more respectable 7.45pm, yet there's hardly been a mention of this at all, not only are Souths the darlings of the NRL, but also the referees and the media as well.

Made mention of this in another thread. No sympathy for Souths fans who have been waiting 41 years for a premiership and the fickle nuffties don't turn up to a game like that one.

COMMANDER said:
Made mention of this in another thread. No sympathy for Souths fans who have been waiting 41 years for a premiership and the fickle nuffties don't turn up to a game like that one.

OK, C , I missed it.

It's a joke, and the biggest joke is that there was no "Souths fans won't travel" dribble by the media.

What is another joke is we have a double header tonight and there are still seats available....where are the other supporters (as I told Manly fans have bought about 35% of available seats).

The NRL has a lot to do with it.

The AFL Swans game has the full Sydney metro major event buses and trains operating tonight. Nothing for the SFS tonight.

The ANZ game last night and Sunday have free train ticket, but there is no extra trains or buses operating.

The NRL has done nothing much in promoting this weekend's games. They should be making it easy for all NRL fans, not just those of the teams involved, to get to the SFS or ANZ.

Where is all the tv money going?

Agreed & the Souths game was at their home ground so they have no excuse for not showing up.

We have to cross the pond (alot of us), no free public transport & trackwork on many railway lines today. Thanks NRL for NOT supporting League fans that want to attend finals footy!!

This low crowd shows that the NRL policy of taking finals to big venues DOES NOT WORK.
Manly and Cronulla would get 21,000 to Brookie and Shark Park respectively for a finals match, yet both clubs are discriminated against because the NRL says our grounds aren't big enough.
As the Titanic and T-Rex have shown, bigger isn't always better.

The NRL really have no idea. They try to have one rule fits all. For Sharks or Manly vs Cows, play it at their home grounds. If it is Sharks or Manly vs Dragons, play it at the SFS. How hard is it to be fluid on such things. If today Manly lose & Cows win, next week at the SFS will be another disaster.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2