Crowd at ANZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I was lucky enough to be given three Gold Member passes and had good seats on level four on the half-way line. Surprisingly, the majority of spectators in this section were Manly supporters.
The experience again reinforced to me how much more atmospheric watching football is at my beloved Brookie. There were 65,000 vacant seats at ANZ . . . hardly a good advertisement for RL. And I dare say that fewer Dog supporters will bother attending future matches following the team's insipid performance. 18,500 at a suburban ground like Brookie would have been magic.
It's not about the comfy, individual seats, nor the cleaner toilets or slightly shorter beer lines. We go to the footy to soak up the atmosphere; to 'feel' the tackles; to have the butterflies in the stomach settle when Manly storms away with the match.
Long Live Brookie!

Jonesyv2 said:
There was plenty of atmosphere in the manly bay.

Yeah, Looking over at you guys from my posh seats made me wish I had paid to get in. The Manly chart from the Members got started a few times, but didn't last long!

Seems to be a lot of fair-weather supporters in the Dogs' camp. If they can only hustle 15 000 for a blockbuster and maybe 3 500 Manly supporters you can only wonder about the 'big stadium'.

There'd be roughly the same at the broken down suburban ground of Brookie!

No doubt, Manly loves seeing the Poodles getting beaten!

Remember they get paid a guaranteed amount of money to play there so very safe option for their financial future. If it buckets down etc still get the same.

Very disappointing crowd for a grudge match. Maybe doggie supporters are sick of seeing their team lose after coming into the season with high expectations. The dogs have never been able to put together 2 good seasons in a row.

Darren said:
Remember they get paid a guaranteed amount of money to play there so very safe option for their financial future. If it buckets down etc still get the same.

They would be better playing next door at the old showground which is where the Greater Sydney Giants AFL team plays. Smaller ground but the NSW govt and AFL tipped in $60-Million to have it upgraded.
Western Sydney is blessed with stadia. We are the Forgotten Generation. Where is our apology?

Brandy also said that the fact that Brookale had been ignored in terms of redevelopment was "an absolute disgrace".
While we as fans love it, I hope we never hear the NRL gives us the "it's not up to scratch" line telling us to find another home.

In my opinion its more of a grudge match on Manlys perspective rather than the bulldogs. They took our coach and our players, we have reason to be angry whereas they don't really have much reason.

Friday was the loudest we've been for a while in Sydney so I was pretty happy with the atmosphere this week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6