Crowd figures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
8000 irrelevant fans turned up tonight.( I feel sorry for those fans)
And "apparently" we have a record membership this year.
I wonder how many memberships the Penns bought.
Record Membership included
'Retired Members' - those that did not renew
'Semi-Retired Members' - those that downgraded to 1 game
'Prospective Members' - those that smiled when declining membership.

IT'S A BUSINESS

we can count members any way we like!

/sarc off

This was the first time I can recall missing a Manly game at Brookie for reasons of apathy. It got to 3pm and I simply couldn't be bothered. Very sad. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. This is not the Manly club I've loved for 55 years.
I will be there next week to give Jamie a cheer, even if he hobbles onto the field and doesn't play.
At this stage I'm ambivalent about remaining a member in 2017.

This was the first time I can recall missing a Manly game at Brookie for reasons of apathy. It got to 3pm and I simply couldn't be bothered. Very sad. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. This is not the Manly club I've loved for 55 years.
I will be there next week to give Jamie a cheer, even if he hobbles onto the field and doesn't play.
At this stage I'm ambivalent about remaining a member in 2017.
I agree to a point. I didn't go today for various reasons but mainly due to so many injuries.
The scheduling this year has really had me questioning whether to renew my membership. 2016 saw so many Monday and Thursday games I couldnt get to.

Well we went tonight cheered for the players even got a thumbs up from Parker. As much as the club has changed so has the fans still no chanting on the hills. Atmosphere not the same anymore but we will still turn up- the only way is up now and I refuse to be a fairweather fan.

I agree to a point. I didn't go today for various reasons but mainly due to so many injuries.
The scheduling this year has really had me questioning whether to renew my membership. 2016 saw so many Monday and Thursday games I couldnt get to.

At least no Monday games next year.

My son and I attended again tonight. It was the most lacklustre crowd all season. Even some of the die hard fans that give it to everyone were quiet tonight.

It just seemed everyone was their out of respect.

8000 irrelevant fans turned up tonight.( I feel sorry for those fans)
So we're irrelevant for turning up to support our team - I say pfftt! @:mad:
There are some fans who go rain, hail or shine because they love supporting Manly no matter what. Yes the crowd was low but those of us there did our best to support them.

As for the crowd atmosphere in general, this year I think it has changed due to the clean-out and in particular to Tooves being replaced. It just didn't go down well with a lot of diehard fans and Brookie isn't what it use to be....

There are some fans who go rain, hail or shine because they love supporting Manly no matter what. Yes the crowd was low but those of us there did our best to support them.

As for the crowd atmosphere in general, this year I think it has changed due to the clean-out and in particular to Tooves being replaced. It just didn't go down well with a lot of diehard fans and Brookie isn't what it use to be....

I go down on my own (because I can't bare to sit with anyone with how emotional and embarrassing I get - I'm a crier when we lose haha).

Wheel and a few others have seen me (in fact, we sat next to each other for half a match against The Panthers before I realised it was him !! ).

But yeah, I keep turning up because despite who wears the jersey, is the coach or who runs the club, it's still that Sea Eagle emblem on these kids hearts.

Not going to lie, this is as disappointing a season as I've ever been witness to, but it makes me even hungrier for next season. We'll finish the season only winning 33% of our games. It has been decades since we have been this bad.

I hope guys like Lewis Brown, Nate Myles & a few others realise this, and feel they owe it to the club and fans to be much, much better going forward.

Sigh,

I wish I could make the choice to either go and watch the game or not.

What an awesome choice to make!

Maybe Dan should buy the team and relocate it to Amsterdam and Canada!

(sheesh the amount of times I almost type Amsterdan instead of Amsterdam is ridiculous.)

No, we are irrelevant to ZtC he said as much this year.

Brookie has been the quietest crowd for a few years now. It's only when someone makes a break or we're on top that the crowd fires up. It's not like the other grounds where you can hear the crowd most times during the game.

I sit in the Jane Try and no one could be bothered clapping, cheering or call anything out in my bay. There's only a few of us who try to keep the Manly chant going when that poor bugger in Bay D starts the chant. His voice must be gone by the time he gets home.

I haven't heard the hill much for a couple of years to be honest. Once or twice I may hear the Maaaaanly call at a night game but our crowd seems to be the made up of the locals who like to chat to one another during the games. It has been worse this year but has been getting like this for a couple of years now. Sometimes you could hear a pin drop and even hear the players on the field.

Another reason why the crowd may have been down (from the 10,000 possibly expected) is the Wallabies playing.

I've noticed over the years that our crowds are always down when the Wallabies play. That semi final when we had 13,900 turn up against the cowboys years ago, the Rugby union World Cup was on in New Zealand that night. That probably cost up a few thousand as a lot of our fans stay at home to watch.

Sometimes I feel like getting up in the stand and blast the fans around me. They don't even clap when our teams runs out onto the field. Brookie is the best ground but our supporters are very quiet compared to others. In saying that, I see them mostly every game so at least they keep turning up in the Jane Try so that's something I suppose.

Having sat on the Hill for the past 50-odd seasons I think this year more than any other in my memory I was never confident that our team could score enough points to win a match. In the past I always had the belief that we could/would score length-of-the-field tries and rescue a dire situation.
This season I had high hopes which were dented in the first game against the Dogs. There were only a few bright spots, such as the win against Cronulla and Illawarra, and the first half against the 'Riff. But when two of the club's major buys, Mr Plod and the Doorman, prove duds, and three of your champions - Stewart, Matai and Lyon - get injured then it's not surprising that the crowds are down. Our hope is that some young locals step up next season and we start playing the brand of Manly football that fills us with hope we can outscore an opponent.

Brookie has been the quietest crowd for a few years now. It's only when someone makes a break or we're on top that the crowd fires up. It's not like the other grounds where you can hear the crowd most times during the game.

I sit in the Jane Try and no one could be bothered clapping, cheering or call anything out in my bay. There's only a few of us who try to keep the Manly chant going when that poor bugger in Bay D starts the chant. His voice must be gone by the time he gets home.

I haven't heard the hill much for a couple of years to be honest. Once or twice I may hear the Maaaaanly call at a night game but our crowd seems to be the made up of the locals who like to chat to one another during the games. It has been worse this year but has been getting like this for a couple of years now. Sometimes you could hear a pin drop and even hear the players on the field.

Another reason why the crowd may have been down (from the 10,000 possibly expected) is the Wallabies playing.

I've noticed over the years that our crowds are always down when the Wallabies play. That semi final when we had 13,900 turn up against the cowboys years ago, the Rugby union World Cup was on in New Zealand that night. That probably cost up a few thousand as a lot of our fans stay at home to watch.

Sometimes I feel like getting up in the stand and blast the fans around me. They don't even clap when our teams runs out onto the field. Brookie is the best ground but our supporters are very quiet compared to others. In saying that, I see them mostly every game so at least they keep turning up in the Jane Try so that's something I suppose.
As bad as Manly's season has been the Wallabies have been shocking so far in 2016. If they keep that we won't have to worry about fans choosing to go watch the Wallabies over Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6