Crowd Number for the game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Play lotto dowdz?
Crowd: 12,263.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-flyer-jorge-taufua-grabs-a-hat-trick-in-huge-win-over-newcastle-knights/story-fndujljl-1226599342615

Disappointing that we have an A class team and can't get 15k+ . I would hate us to see how many fans would show up when we are not performing.

It looked like a great crowd from the hill - it wasn't packed but looking across the oval it looked like the stadium seating was pretty full, too.
Great night to watch a game of footy - loved the atmosphere. And 12,263 is still a decent number.

deadlyeagle said:
Disappointing that we have an A class team and can't get 15k+ . I would hate us to see how many fans would show up when we are not performing.

Mostly Manly fans with limited Knights supporters, so that's not bad, considering it was late Sunday (6:30pm start) and work is the next day.
If it was earlier, say a 2pm start, we might have had more fans from both teams.

---

Brissie Kid said:
Play lotto dowdz?
Crowd: 12,263.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-flyer-jorge-taufua-grabs-a-hat-trick-in-huge-win-over-newcastle-knights/story-fndujljl-1226599342615

Haha, I do but no luck there.

It would have been a larger crowd if it was a 3pm kick off. A lot of Newcastle supporters would have been put off by the 6.30 start with a long trip home and work the next day.

Ramrod said:
deadlyeagle said:

Mostly Manly fans with limited Knights supporters, so that's not bad, considering it was late Sunday (6:30pm start) and work is the next day.
If it was earlier, say a 2pm start, we might have had more fans from both teams.

---

was forgetting the 630 start.I guess that number's not tooooo bad.Like you say,put it on 2 or 3 and add a few K to that firgure.

If that was the figure pretty piss poor.
What do locals want a red carpet rolled out for them, with trumpets blaring and a guy announcing there arrival with butlers serving them $3000 caviar whilst sipping Moe on the hill?
There are areas begging for a shot in the NRL and its high time
a) locals realise what they have
b) we've got one of the most successful teams of the past decade get behind them!
This drug thing whilst bad press is time for every Manly fan to rock up at Brookie and pack the place out!

People whinge about no Sunday games well that was a Sunday game at a fairly good time can't wait for the excuses now.

eagles2win said:
What do locals want a red carpet rolled out for them, with trumpets blaring and a guy announcing there arrival with butlers serving them $3000 caviar whilst sipping Moe on the hill?

OK, I'm in! I need something to wash down the lobster rolls.

eagles2win said:
b) we've got one of the most successful teams of the past decade get behind them!
This drug thing whilst bad press is time for every Manly fan to rock up at Brookie and pack the place out!

People whinge about no Sunday games well that was a Sunday game at a fairly good time can't wait for the excuses now.

Fairly good time? Are you serious? I am someone that pushes for people to get out to the games but I was very happy with 12k tonight. Thought it would have been less than 10k. Mondays we are lucky to get 10k (and this was the equivalent of a Monday night...without having to work all day) so I was very happy with that.

In saying this, obviously it could have been better.

Tahs only got 11k but if we start comparing us with them we are in trouble. I'm afraid these numbers are around all we get. Most locals obviously don''t go. As long as we make money on the "away" games and not lose a million this year we will be okay.

eagles2win said:

How does Moe feel about this? How exactly do we sip him?

Have you ever stopped to think that it is the locals that are there, and it is the out of town supporters that don't get to those games?

And mate no one needs to make an excuse for not attending, just so long as the stone throwers were either
A) there
B) paid up members

Darren were you there? Or are you a member?

Jono said:
eagles2win said:

Fairly good time? Are you serious? I am someone that pushes for people to get out to the games but I was very happy with 12k tonight. Thought it would have been less than 10k. Mondays we are lucky to get 10k (and this was the equivalent of a Monday night...without having to work all day) so I was very happy with that.

The TV-friendly time slot definitely kept a lot of Knights fans away. I drove home up the F3 and at the twin servo there were heaps of Manly fans and scarcely a Knight to be seen.

Let's remember folks, the ARL has sold the game to TV and the broadcasters want bums on couches not bums on seats.

Jono said:
eagles2win said:

Have to agree with Jono, time of 6:30 on a Sunday is not very friendly for people that have to travel far distances especially for people that need to be up early for work the next day (we didnt get home till 10:45) but I am willing to accept that Sunday timeslot if they were to say no more MNF and it will be 6pm kickoffs on Sundays
would be a great time for locals to go to
I also put it down to the cost of going to a game as well as its too easy for people to stay at home and watch it on TV

6:30 is great without kids - just too late to take my boy (next time we are getting a baby sitter...)

looked like 14K on the TV

(my excuse is im working in a different country, hopefully that is good enough)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2