Crowd on the Gold Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I didn't go up for the match but on TV it looked like Manly was the home team, with all the banners and support. I went up last year and I reckon we had 40% of the crowd support.
For those who were there, how did it feel this year?

11490 crowd....baaaaaahhhhhh

More like 6490, and of that 6000 were Manly!!

There was one core group of Titans supporters in one bay (where they ran out), and this was probably what they showed on TV.

To the left and right of them in the main stand were heaps and heaps of Manly supporters.

Across the other side from where the players ran out, there were about 20 Titans fans and 3 big flags right on half way, and again either side all Manly.

And they away supporters bays behind the posts whilst not as full as I have seen them in years gone by (mainly because as there were so many seats available on the side people just moved to better seats for free) was still pretty full.

As we walked into the game, it was all Manly....I saw 2 Titans fans walking along completely surrounded by Maroon and White, funny as!!

The Titans are just about buggered, that was there 8th home loss this year, NO ONE bothers going any more.

They gave away thousands of seats during the week and still they didn't come.

They are a dead set basket case!!

If that stadium was at almost half capacity I'll eat my weight in the $12 fairy floss buckets they were trying to sell.

However many were there it was more like 70% Manly, and that's conservative.

If the Manly fans didn't turn up there would have been a crowd of 3000.

Titan's need to continue with the complete re-build, they have one foot in the grave.

COMMANDER said:

Titan's need to continue with the complete re-build, they have one foot in the grave.

I reckon it was 80%. I took my wife and kids who haven't been to a game in a while and my wife asked if we were at the GC or Brookvale. She couldn't believe how many Manly supporters there were.

Can't get over the fact that the nuffty Titans get handed a stadium like that to play in, and they still can't get it right.

COMMANDER said:
Can't get over the fact that the nuffty Titans get handed a stadium like that to play in, and they still can't get it right.

Do you think the NRL are listening?
The travesty is that if the Titans ever qualify for a home final they will be able to play it on their home ground whereas Manly, Parramatta, Penriff and Illawarra are forced into giving away their home advantage.

I bet the caterers were pleased we turned up, otherwise they would have sold 3 pies, 2 buckets of chips and. 6 beers!!

The Who said:
COMMANDER said:

Do you think the NRL are listening?
The travesty is that if the Titans ever qualify for a home final they will be able to play it on their home ground whereas Manly, Parramatta, Penriff and Illawarra are forced into giving away their home advantage.

Yes, we are moving from crookie to the gold coast

MPC75 said:
COMMANDER said:

I reckon it was 80%. I took my wife and kids who haven't been to a game in a while and my wife asked if we were at the GC or Brookvale. She couldn't believe how many Manly supporters there were.

Yeah, I would have said that the Manly:Titans ratio was 4:1 too. Looking around the stadium, it was really hard to spot any Titans supporters in the stands and even walking out after the game had finished, it was just a river of Maroon and White with a speckle of Titans blue heading for the Robina Station to catch the bus or train.

Maybe we should become the Gold Coast Sea Eagles whe Brookie get it $50mil renovation for a game or two.

It's place everyone likes to go to.

With plenty of notice I am sure we could get even more people to a game up there.

A lot come up already, most of the MWTS crew make it an annual pilgrimage and come for the weekend (some make it a long weekend), so yes I agree IF they had to move some home games then this would be a place they could go.

There's huge support from Northern NSW, and we all know that SEQ has thousands of fans ( a lot of them come from the pre Bronco's era when Manly had a number of QLD stars).

But I imagine, if Brookie was closed for a considerable time they'd simply play all their away games during this period as its what they have done in the past.

It really was like a Manly home game. We had a few Tits supporters behind us but otherwise all Manly.

First time to Cbus. Great stadium, just need an option to actually park nearby!

bob dylan said:
It's place everyone likes to go to.

With plenty of notice I am sure we could get even more people to a game up there.

Now let me think... Go to the Gold Coast or go to Homebush to watch Manly play?
Pack the suntan lotion, I'm heading north!

A big thanks to the bloke who had two tickets to give away. We were lined up moving at snails pace. He said it wasn't a matter of finding Manly fans...they were everywhere! He opted for us as the girl and I were both in our ' 78 replica jerseys( yes the yellow emblem ones!), which he loved.
We haven't made it to Brookie this year, but I reckon that was as close to a home game as you'd get! ?

Their was so many Manly supporters (and so few Titan's) at Cbus stadium, it felt like an episode of the twilight zone. On the drive home to Ballina we stopped in for a meal at that big BP servo at Chinderah and the place was awash with Manly fans....until last Sunday I had know idea how much support they have up this way.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6