Crowd Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's no excuses for Manly fans tonight. We're playing another popular successful Sydney team, the weather is ok & both teams are almost at full strength.

Anything less than around 10-11k would be a poor effort.

I would of thought 15,000 tonight....actually 14,999 cause I cant get there.......

Yeah the crowd will be down on expected due to the lack of interest during Origin time, poor/inconsistent form of both teams, cold Friday night and both teams not fielding a full strength squad.

14,500-15,000 at best.

Technical Coach said:
Yeah the crowd will be down on expected due to the lack of interest during Origin time, poor/inconsistent form of both teams, cold Friday night and both teams not fielding a full strength squad.

14,500-15,000 at best.

This is precisely the reason why the article earlier this week by Brad Walter in the SMH was the best league article I had read in a while.

11k. Disappointing. My first game @ brooky this year and the hill was very quiet. It hurts living in kogarah across the rd from Jubilee oval and seeing it grow since i was a kid into a half decent ground. As far as watching the footy goes(even my non manly supporting mates agree) Brookvale is the best ground for it.

Yes, a disappointing crowd. Just under 12,000.
The ' dinky' stand was only one-quarter full. Still several weeks of construction before the new facilities are completed. Probably be ready for our first semi-final...
oh, that's right, we don't get to showcase our shining new ground in the finals, do we?

Brookie is a hard ground to get to on a Friday unless you live on the Peninsula. Traffic getting there from the West is shocking whichever way you go.

Love my Sunday arvos at Brookie. Up for the Storm though.

Canteen Worker said:
Brookie is a hard ground to get to on a Friday unless you live on the Peninsula. Traffic getting there from the West is shocking whichever way you go.

Love my Sunday arvos at Brookie. Up for the Storm though.

Still no excuse to justify such a poor show for a match between the reigning premiers and the team that won it the year before, and both Sydney teams. I know I said it in an earlier post, but I really believe that origin affects the NRL in so many ways- less media coverage for club games, less general interest for club games etc. This game should have received considerably more coverage in the media in the lead up.

Vyssini said:
Bradza said:
It'll be more than 12k. 14, 591 is my prediction

But have you factored in the extra throng that can fit in the expanded Jane Try stand?

Stop standing in the wrong part of the hill then.
We were in fine form.

A lot of Dragons supporters would have had the same problem as me, by the time they get home from work they would not have much time to negotiate the traffic jam from the southern suburbs to brookvale, it normally takes one hour from my place on a Sat or Sunday, and you can sometimes add another hour during peak.
Considering it was a live TV game, and with rain threatening, 12,000 is not too bad.

Rain, Friday night Sydney traffic, not as many families on the family hill at night games, that diabolical loss to Penrith, the NRL failing to promote club footy during Origin & the media whinging about referees & Inglis try = 11K.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7