Crowe brags about Inglis signing on Leno

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
By Nathan Ryan
16 November 2010 09:09PM EST

ShareHOLLYWOOD heavyweight and South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe has boasted about the signing of superstar centre Greg Inglis on an American talk show.

Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe bragged about the Inglis signing on international television

Getty Images
PrevNextInterviewed by the legendary Jay Leno, Crowe brags about pulling off what some are calling arguably the biggest signing to occur in Rugby League history.

Leno probed Crowe on the signing of Inglis who likened the prized signature to that of Miami Heat basket balling superstar LeBron James.

“In order to put it into perspective for you guys, it’s like we got LeBron James, it’s gigantic,” Crowe told Leno.

“It came as a bit of a surprise...

“He’d actually made a discussion that he wanted to come to South Sydney, we do a lot of work in the community and we have a deep connection with the Aboriginal community in Australia and that was in the back of his mind.”

Crowe told of how he had attempted to meet with Inglis for months only to be stopped by the 23-year-old’s manger, Allan Gainey.

“I’d been trying to get a conversation going with him for five months but his manager just basically said that wasn’t going to happen,” Crowe explained.

“Then the team he was going to join withdrew their offer.”

Inglis’ three-year deal is worth roughly $1.8 million according to Crowe, who spoke of the clubs desire to keep some money aside for an incumbent coach following the departure of John Lang at the end of next season.

Many are tipping Wayne Bennett as the man to succeed Lang as the most successful coach in Rugby League history he is the man to guide the Bunnies to a premiership winning side.

“We’ve made a plan earlier in the year because we’ve got a coach now John Lang whose going to finish out the year and then were bringing in a new coach for next season and we had a plan we were going to put a little extra money aside for the new coach so he had a little extra money under the cap but that’s all gone now.”

The actor who co-owns the team with Peter Holmes-a-Court believes the club is building from strength to strength as the season progresses.

“I took the team over (to the US) in 2006 as you know and we’ve gone from being an absolute basket case to being competitive and the next step is going from being competitive to dominant

We just need Hugh Jackman to buy out Max's stake.

What kid wouldnt support Wolverines' team?

Crowe wouldnt stand a chance, who gives a **** about Robin Hood?

lol  mata..  the only similarities  they both have .. is that they both think they are bigger than the game that made them..

Le bron james is the biggest thing in the NBA since michael Jordan, hes good. Thats why you cant compare these two, Inglis is rubbish and is only as good as the players hes around, he wont perform at souths and if he does it will be due to the fact that he will have all his brothers around him !

Oh so he's a basketball player?  Not really a sportsman at all.  I guess Inglis might be similar then. 

[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185966.msg306350#msg306350 date=1289964669]
Oh so he's a basketball player?  Not really a sportsman at all.  I guess Inglis might be similar then. 
[/quote

+1 interwebs to you my friend

Copa Eagle link said:
Le bron james is the biggest thing in the NBA since michael Jordan, hes good. Thats why you cant compare these two, Inglis is rubbish and is only as good as the players hes around, he wont perform at souths and if he does it will be due to the fact that he will have all his brothers around him !

Well judging by the rings LBJ has and his exit in last years playoff's he's not very good either. I would also consider this years Miami Heat as the NBA version of the Storm. So I'd say they are indeed very similar.

$600 large for an inconsistent, constantly injured, girlfriend bashing off the field nightmare.

Good luck Russel.

Husbands and sons of Redfern, hide your mothers and daughters, here come The Senator, Gregory "beat em down" Inglis and his funky bunch.

Inglis is one of our biggest names - he's listed at 118kgs at the moment, the George Rose of the Rabbies if you will. Hasn't even pulled on a jersey for them and he's already going downhill.....

What a knob to come out with that analogy.
The difference is LeBron James (and friends) will actually win premierships or whatever they call them, for Miami.
Inglis is past his prime. Capable of only putting in proper efforts for perhaps 5 out of the 26 premiership rounds.
Seems each year to make a miraculous recovery from injury each in order to play for QLD in SOO (even though he's a New Sth Welshman)
and then finds himself injured in the 3rd and final game meaning his club pays a heap of dosh to a slob for sitting on the sideline so he could enjoy (and get extra pay, read : more petrol money for the boat)
and miss a few more club games.
Joke of a player and a joke of a signing by a joke of a club.

deadset the guy plays 3 good games a year and its not even for his club side lol ....its origin ,he doesnt dominate or lead a team around the way a "true champion "and leader does and as said above i think he will be a primadonna wherever he goes and think his s**t doesnt smell ,actually he and rusty will go well together

So if he came to us you would be unhappy?

I get the deal is dodgy - and yes it is questionable if he is the best player in the world but seriously.....he is a very good player who would be an asset to any club

Rambo1987 link said:
““It came as a bit of a surprise...

“He'd actually made a discussion that he wanted to come to South Sydney,...”

Did he have a discussion or make a decision?

lsz link said:
  Yes.  I think we've been burned enough by poor player attitudes recently without adding his sooky malarkey to the mix. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185966.msg306432#msg306432 date=1289979600]
  Yes.  I think we've been burned enough by poor player attitudes recently without adding his sooky malarkey to the mix. 
[/quote]

Here, here...
Imagine the rust he'd spread through the rest of the team !

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2