Ctrl + F is really handy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hiya guys and gals.

Here's a computer tip bought to you buy Globaleagle loves you (for a) long time.

If you are trying to find something on this forum page (or any computer page/site really)..

Press Ctrl and then, leaving your finger on the ctrl button, press the "f" key. Usually written as Ctrl+F

A little drop down box will appear on your screen. For me it appears at the top right hand side of the page, just under my web site address bar.

NOW: Type in the word you are looking for and the computer will highlight the word! If there is more than 1 of the same word, it will highlight them all.

FOR EXAMPLE:

You want to know where the word "User CP" is on the page.

1) Press Ctrl+F keys
2)Type User CP in the drop down box
3) See the highlighted words on the page (mine highlights in orange).

Try it out! And you never have to wonder where things are on your page again.

Eg: I just typed User CP whilst typing this and it not only highlights the word near the top of my page, but also where I have typed user cp in the above post!!

TOTALLY COOL HUH!!!!!!

This is a great little feature that will make you look uber kewl to your kids/grandkids (unless you say the words uber kewl)

Thanks for reading.

:)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Are you running for election or something? ;)

Well, now I just found out there's a leadership group....!:D:p:cool:;):angel:

lol. S'funny... pressing ctrl+f and typing 'leadership group' didn't bring up your name!!! hahaha

Kidding!

Party on people!

Jatz Crackers said:
These types of zero footy threads really need to be in the General Forum Global.

Dear Global,

Thank you for posting your long and well thought out thread about ctrl+f.

It, along with your many efforts to help confused members is much appreciated by Dan and the leadership group as it frees up Daniels valuable time.

I have moved your thread into the general discussion section. I am not stupid enough to think that everyone flocks to that section but I decided that after a little bit of viewing time in the footy forum where most people would see it, this is the forum for your thread.

Again, we appreciate that you donate many posts to helping others and understand that you assist many more so via the PM system.

Rest assured that not all moderators are computer savvy and we are usually big enough to admit when we need help.

After all, when Dan asked for assistance with regards to video ads automatically playing on the site, we remember how many posts he replied to assisting people on how to even view a page's source. When people like you help, this again makes Dan's job easier.

I'm lead to understand that often there were over 1500 lines of 'code' on these pages and you took the time to search them to pass on the relevant lines to Dan so he could remove the ads and make the forum better for all.

So Global, thank you very much for your (hopefully continued) selfless efforts in making the forums run better, and to ease the confusion of some members. Especially so seeing as you are still rather a 'young' member in terms of months joined.

Thanks again,

Any nice person.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4