Cullen ready to take his chance at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This guy is a good player, he reminds of tooves, not as good but plays like him. Smallest bloke on the field and he is one of the toughest I have seen. Has a crafty short passing game, an Austin like dummy and run, speed and a great kicking game. I like this signing and if he goes well he could take greens spot when he moves on.

Haven't seen this guy play. Does he go good? Junior Kangaroo and has an Ash Taylor type pedigree by the looks of things?
Good, yes... Tough, yes... Crafty, yes... Ash Taylor potential... Possibly, he has looked good in the games I've seen him play and is good defencively I believe. He seems like a good player to be beside dce after Green leaves and will be a great backup while he is here. He is a great signing and has plenty of potential

I hope he reaches his potential with us ... he is a young lad, never lived in Sydney ... I hope he is looked after, mentored .... maybe his Titans big brother Nate can keep him under his wing ..... on second thoughts!

Yeah he just has that something about him which is hard to put your finger on. As @Turbo said he is only little. I'm not sure his defence is currently at NRL standard. But I like this signing. The player he reminds me of the most is Josh Reynolds. With all respect to the grub, he probably isn't the most talented half to ever lace a boot, but his enthusiasm, and determination makes up for it. Cullen currently lacks a bit of polish, in some areas and oozes it with his short passing game close to the line. Give him another year or 2 years in an NRL system and think we could have a little gem.

Yeah he just has that something about him which is hard to put your finger on. As @Turbo said he is only little. I'm not sure his defence is currently at NRL standard. But I like this signing. The player he reminds me of the most is Josh Reynolds. With all respect to the grub, he probably isn't the most talented half to ever lace a boot, but his enthusiasm, and determination makes up for it. Cullen currently lacks a bit of polish, in some areas and oozes it with his short passing game close to the line. Give him another year or 2 years in an NRL system and think we could have a little gem.

But will us Silvertailers allow him the time to develop, probably not, one bad game and he'll be crucified like so many!!

Good luck though young fella!!

But will us Silvertailers allow him the time to develop, probably not, one bad game and he'll be crucified like so many!!

Good luck though young fella!!

Leary came to mind straight away Mark. I think these type of signings need patience. Parcell is another that comes to mind..plenty of potential and were standouts in lower grades that need time to develop and adjust to the NRL.

Going off 2016 i'm just gonna sit back and not expect anything. Hopefully will be surprised in 2017...

Leary came to mind straight away Mark. I think these type of signings need patience. Parcell is another that comes to mind..plenty of potential and were standouts in lower grades that need time to develop and adjust to the NRL.

Going off 2016 i'm just gonna sit back and not expect anything. Hopefully will be surprised in 2017...

Exactly , us, and apparently the coaching department expect instant success , if not, **** off!!

This is exactly what happened to Leary.

I think Leary had his chances. In this game you've gotta grab them and make your mark.... Mark. :)

He got plenty of game time especially at the beginning of the year. Rather than standing up and securing a spot, he faded into the background with average games.
I'm guessing as a depth backup utility player - you need to come in and play well. Unfortunately, I remember his performances more for his errors.

I hope when Cullen gets his chance, he can grab the opportunity with both hands and pressure DCE/Green for a spot.

I'm probably looking with Rose Coloured glasses, but uneven thought he was given enough game time , or played in his actual position to shine.

Anyway let's see how this young fella handles it, hope he goes well.

Agree BUT so did Leary for Ipswich, and where did that end up?

Fingers crossed though , and certainly if Green got injured we'd have a good backup.
First of all Leary played for Northern Pride and he was a backrower who had no where near the talent that Cullen has. Cullen has already played NRL and showed he belong there. After Green leaves I think Cullen will be ready to be DCEs partner in crime.

Agree BUT so did Leary for Ipswich, and where did that end up?

Leary played for Northern pride and Parcell played for Ipswich but I know what you are saying.

I watched the game today and he looked very sharp Cullen, should be a handy back up and anything more than that should be a bonus

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7