Current Player Options for Backline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Current Player Options for Backline 2017

Full Back :

- Brett Stewart / Tom Trebojvic / T Wright / M Wright

Right Wing

- Tom Trebojvic / M Wright / B Williame

Right Centre

- D Walker / T Wright / J Ramien

Left Wing

- J Taufua / H Lavaka / T Satini

Left Centre

- S Matai / B Parker /F Goodall

Five Eight :

- T Wright / DCE / Issac John / Nicho Hynes

Half Back

- DCE / A Korisou / Issac John

B Stewart & S Matai in bold as possible retirees along with Captain Courageous
This is possibilities without recruitment I may have missed some.
Lewis Brown a covering bench player

just some possibilities

If snake plays on this will be the backline

1.Snake
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Skivvi
5.Turbo
6.Hynes/Norman
7.Cherry-Evans

If snake moves on

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Skivvi
5.Mansour?
6.Hynes/Norman
7.Cherry-Evans

If snake retires along with Matai this is my backline.
1.Trbojevic
2.Taufua
3.Walker
4.Brown
5.Wright
6.Koroisau
7.DCE
I would be looking to sign a winger or two. And a back up centre. And a decent back rower. Doesn't have to be an international just a solid player like Lovett or Thompson for eg. I think Taufua might be asking for a bit of coin. Better wingers out there and I see Matt wright as a solid back up player

My 2017 backline
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Jesse Ramien
5. Brad Parker
6. Tom Wright / Cade Cust
7. Daly Cherry Evans

Surely bought as depth only.
Yeah I hope he isn't planned as our long term centre. He is a good player, and will provide good depth but I think we need to replace a strike centre like killer with a strike centre most likely walker

Yeah I hope he isn't planned as our long term centre. He is a good player, and will provide good depth but I think we need to replace a strike centre like killer with a strike centre most likely walker

So he won't be making any of your lists?:giggle::giggle: sorry couldn't resist!

You know, if we go by those already at Manly we might not even have to sign anyone. Yes we probably will try and sign an established strike player, but if we didn't our backline could look like:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Matthew Wright
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Brayden Wiliame
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

I don't know why people want to move Walker back to the centres so quickly. Yes he is a very good centre, but lets see how he goes for this year at 5/8 when we have a regular line up and as his confidence grows before calling his move to pivot a failure and moving him to the three-quarters. And besides, he's not doing too bad as a running 5/8. People need to remember he wasn't signed to be a play maker, though it would be good if he developed that side of his game because if we have a situation again where DCE is out for any period he's going to need to step up.

After Skivy goes I can see Jorge moving to centre and another winger coming in on the left. But I don't think that will happen until 2018.

Tom is the obvious choice as Snake's replacement and I have doubts whether Snake will continue in 2017.

People might be surprised that I've included Wiliame, but he's not that bad and its really just been some back luck that until Monday he hadn't won an NRL game. I wouldn't say that he has been the sole reason that he was 0-13. He's ok under a bomb, has decent speed and as a winger his lack of defence can be hidden somewhat. Other than he's not a goal kicker, is he any worse an option than Gutho would have been had we not let him go?

You know, if we go by those already at Manly we might not even have to sign anyone. Yes we probably will try and sign an established strike player, but if we didn't our backline could look like:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Matthew Wright
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Brayden Wiliame
FE - Dylan Walker

I don't know why people want to move Walker back to the centres so quickly. Yes he is a very good centre, but lets see how he goes for this year at 5/8 when we have a regular line up and as his confidence grows before calling his move to pivot a failure and moving him to the three-quarters. And besides, he's not doing too bad as a running 5/8. People need to remember he wasn't signed to be a play maker, though it would be good if he developed that side of his game because if we have a situation again where DCE is out for any period he's going to need to step up.

After Skivy goes I can see Jorge moving to centre and another winger coming in on the left. But I don't think that will happen until 2018.

Tom is the obvious choice as Snake's replacement and I have doubts whether Snake will continue in 2017.

People might be surprised that I've included Wiliame, but he's not that bad and its really just been some back luck that until Monday he hadn't won an NRL game. I wouldn't say that he has been the sole reason that he was 0-13. He's ok under a bomb, has decent speed and as a winger his lack of defence can be hidden somewhat. Other than he's not a goal kicker, is he any worse an option than Gutho would have been had we not let him go?

have you been watching Brad Parker play? Parker, Lavaka & Satini are also good back up backs and of course Lewis Brown off the bench

I can see Brett Stewart retiring soon, but I suspect Matai has a year or two in him yet. Besides he loves the game and wont leave easily. But I do see Walker in the centre next year alongside Matai. My team

T. Trbojevic
Ramien
Matai
Walker
Taufua
Koroisau - Norman (if we're lucky)
DCE

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Matthew Wright
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Brayden Wiliame
FE - Dylan Walker

Let's see how Wiliame goes vs good opposition

If you think 3 players in the high to very high price bracket are going to retire, and that we will replace them with bargain specials, you are a moon howling, slack jawed, lip dribbling, blithering parra fan.

Bozo is already in negotiations with their replacements, and at least one of them will be a Rolls Royce. Contracted or not.

If you think 3 players in the high to very high price bracket are going to retire, and that we will replace them with bargain specials, you are a moon howling, slack jawed, lip dribbling, blithering parra fan.

Bozo is already in negotiations with their replacements, and at least one of them will be a Rolls Royce. Contracted or not.

now there is a veteran seaeagle supporter .... right on Woodsie

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4