Currently watching 2008 GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Thank you Peter C :) finaly had a day off work, went to post box not long ago and there it was.
I actually do not remember alot of this match, 2008 was a dificult time for me on personal levels.

This is awesome -thanks again for your time and generousity.

That's no problem 1947, glad to see it works on your DVD player, pity the picture quality isn't first rate.

Peter C said:
That's no problem 1947, glad to see it works on your DVD player, pity the picture quality isn't first rate.

Yeah it worked perfectly. Will have to watch the cup challenge at a later date - thanks again.

Seriously can watch it over & over again,there's something about the 08 grand final compared to 11 propably because of my hatred towards melbourne.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Seriously can watch it over & over again,there's something about the 08 grand final compared to 11 propably because of my hatred towards melbourne.

Also the score kept on getting bigger and bigger, we all thought the Storm would get back into the game at some time,but not so, and when you look at the team roster they had that day, our effort was even more meritorious.

A highlight was seeing the effect the thrashing had on the Storm players. Folau (their best) was sobbing uncontrollably, and many of the others were stunned, they just couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop laughing and cheering.

The thing about the '08 GF is the nil scoreline. No matter how far in front Manly is, it is always a little deflating seeing the opponents score any points (even in a replay). In 08 it didn't happen so really nothing negative happened in the entire 80 minutes.

Having said that, I've watched the 2011 GF about 4 times in the past 6 weeks. Some fantastic moments in that game, as there are in any Manly GF win.

firechild said:
Having said that, I've watched the 2011 GF about 4 times in the past 6 weeks. Some fantastic moments in that game, as there are in any Manly GF win.

Gifty's grubber for Robbo in the first half - Brilliance!!

Who can ever forget Beaver's try only moments after re-entering the game from the bench - bloody LEGEND!

p.s. I love Beaver....oh, and Steve Menzies is pretty good too!

EagleRock40 said:
firechild said:

Gifty's grubber for Robbo in the first half - Brilliance!!

Couldn't agree more. That was a phenomenal play given just a 4 point lead at the time. NZ were moving up very quickly on the left side all through the first half and Manly were always going to make them pay but to do it like that was pure genius.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2