CW Gotta love NSW state Labor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
CW, what would it take for NSW state labor NOT to get your vote?

[img=185x200]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6244539,00.jpg[/img]

minister Matt Brown simulated sex act on female MP
September 11, 2008 01:45am
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24326753-2,00.html
NSW Police Minister Matt Brown was sacked three days into the job last night after admitting a wild party in parliament house where he danced semi-naked and simulated a sex act on a female MP.

Premier Nathan Rees gave Mr Brown no option but to offer his resignation, just hours after the Labor leader learnt of the allegations and of the Kiama MP's admission to at least part of them.

Mr Brown, the former Housing Minister, attended a party in his office after the June 3 Budget.

Witnesses to the incident, and revellers at a neighbouring party in the office of Ports Minister Joe Tripodi, said Mr Brown appeared to be drunk as he danced semi-naked on a couch in the office, The Australian newspaper reports today.

Witnesses on a balcony adjoining the two offices claimed they saw Mr Brown gyrating atop the green chesterfield sofa in what were described as "very brief" underpants to "Oxford street techno-style music."

He was then reported to have climbed on top of Wollongong MP Noreen Hay before turning to her adult daughter and calling out "Look at this, I'm titty f..... your mother."

Mr Brown has denied using the words described but has not denied the other allegations.

The incident has remained a secret within ALP circles until this week. It appears the leaking of the story was timed to either discredit the minister who was promoted on Monday to the police portfolio or to distabilise Mr Rees.

Mr Brown admitted that he had called Mr Rees last night to apologise for his behaviour.

"I regret the incident and have given the Premier my guarantee it will not happened again," Mr Brown said.

At that stage the Premier was still undecided on the fate of his new minister.

But just hours later, as the exact details of the allegations against Mr Brown were revealed, the Premier had no option but to ask for Mr Brown's resignation.

Mr Brown made headlines in February this year during the Wollongong council corruption hearings.

The Daily Telegraph revealed in February that Mr Brown was among a number of Labor MP's to have received political donations from a company associated with property developer Glen Tabak who was adversely named at the ICAC hearings into the councils sex for development scandal.

Ms Hay was also dragged into the affair due to her associations with developers named in the inquiry.

Both MPs were cleared of any wrong-doing.

Mr Brown was promoted in Monday's cabinet reshuffle brought on by the dumping of former Premier Morris Iemma.

Mr Rees was already under fire for the inclusion of a number of controversial MP's including Mr Brown and Mr Tripodi in his new cabinet.

In his defence he must have been absolutely paraletic to have done that to Noreen hay.

It is all designed to take the heat off Rees and the fact that he worked with Milton okopoulous and no doubt knew all his dirty secrets.    He cannot be premier of this once great state when he worked for the kiddy flddler okopoulous.  The whole affair has been one huge coverup at the expense of the poor woman who exposed it all.

That sums up the labour party in NSW. 

To the original subject, grammatically, no you do not!

Byso do you still take photos and watch football? Dead set, its almost like you are Silvertails Laury Oaks... without the knowledge of politics.

Yep, I may know bugger all about politics and  probably not as much as the wise flipster.

But this gov't is a dead set farce and I'm wondering if the same knuckle heads that voted for them last time would still give them a chance to "get on with the job" next time around.

My local member Virginia Judge has done a hell of a lot more for her area than her pre-decessor so why wouldnt i vote for her?

She is easily the best state or federal MP i have ever had.

Byso - there is no election shortly which makes it easy to answer your question. The government is a farce at present (you won't find me defending them) and both parties will have to work to get my vote as I find them singularly unimpressive. The Opus Dei run right wing Nazis in the Libs are just as scary as the incompetents of State Labor.

Canteen Worker link said:
Byso - there is no election shortly which makes it easy to answer your question. The government is a farce at present (you won't find me defending them) and both parties will have to work to get my vote as I find them singularly unimpressive. The Opus Dei run right wing Nazis in the Libs are just as scary as the incompetents of State Labor.

hit the nail on the head there. nsw labor is a dead set disgrace, doing a terrible job - but the trouble is that the libs could not do any better!

As Shakespeare wrote on the feud between the Capulets and Montagues (The 16th Century equivalent of the Bear Pit) "A pox on both your houses!"

We all know Byron isnt the sharpest tool in the shed.

And tell your brother im still waiting for my all black.

It's funny how footy fandom translates to politics for some!

Its good to see most voters have woken up.

Labor hammered in council elections
September 14, 2008 03:59pm

NSW premier Nathan Rees has apologised for the Labor Government's performance over the past 18 months after the party lost control of councils across NSW.

Yesterday's local government elections were the first opportunity to gauge voters' reactions since the upheaval in NSW politics in the past eight days.

Mr Rees said Labor had conceded ground according to initial vote counts.

"The people of NSW have clearly sent us a message and it's a message that I'm hearing loud and clear," Mr Rees said today.

"I apologise to them for the last 18 months for this government's performance.

He said the party heard the message of voters.

"It hasn't been up to scratch and we will go about fixing that.

"I'm apologising for having put our local councils in a position where anger at the last 18 months was visited on them yesterday.

"It's not right and we will go about setting us up for future, the rest of this term and beyond."

The Greens party has claimed a swing away from Labor in the traditional Labor heartland of Marrickville and Leichhardt in Sydney's inner-west.

Greens leader Lee Rhiannon said Greens representation had increased in Wagga Wagga, Armidale, Coffs Harbour, Orange and Yass.

"More than 70 Greens candidates have been elected across NSW with breakthroughs occurring in both regional areas and Sydney suburbs," Ms Rhiannon said.

"The results in the inner city areas of Marrickville and Leichhardt where the Greens outpolled Labor are encouraging for the state election."

NSW opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell said Liberal candidates in the western and south-western local government areas of Parramatta, Fairfield, Campbelltown and Kogarah in the south, recorded swings against Labor.

Meanwhile, voters in Sydney's northwest turned to the Liberal party in "record numbers", Mr O'Farrell said.

He said results indicated that the Liberal Party outpolled Labor in eastern Sydney council areas of Waverley and Randwick and there had been some "encouraging swings to the Liberal party".

"The drop in the Labor vote is a wake-up call to the State Government that the community believes they are failing to deliver them the better services that were promised at the last state election," Mr O'Farrell said.

Mr Rees said he would now focus on next month's by-elections on October 18.

"People gave us a dose of medicine yesterday and I suspect we're going to get another dose in the by-elections."

byso link said:
CW, what would it take for NSW state labor NOT to get your vote?

[img=185x200]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6244539,00.jpg[/img]

minister Matt Brown simulated sex act on female MP
September 11, 2008 01:45am
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24326753-2,00.html
NSW Police Minister Matt Brown was sacked three days into the job last night after admitting a wild party in parliament house where he danced semi-naked and simulated a sex act on a female MP.

Premier Nathan Rees gave Mr Brown no option but to offer his resignation, just hours after the Labor leader learnt of the allegations and of the Kiama MP's admission to at least part of them.

Mr Brown, the former Housing Minister, attended a party in his office after the June 3 Budget.

Witnesses to the incident, and revellers at a neighbouring party in the office of Ports Minister Joe Tripodi, said Mr Brown appeared to be drunk as he danced semi-naked on a couch in the office, The Australian newspaper reports today.

Witnesses on a balcony adjoining the two offices claimed they saw Mr Brown gyrating atop the green chesterfield sofa in what were described as \"very brief\" underpants to \"Oxford street techno-style music.\"

He was then reported to have climbed on top of Wollongong MP Noreen Hay before turning to her adult daughter and calling out \"Look at this, I'm titty f..... your mother.\"

Mr Brown has denied using the words described but has not denied the other allegations.

The incident has remained a secret within ALP circles until this week. It appears the leaking of the story was timed to either discredit the minister who was promoted on Monday to the police portfolio or to distabilise Mr Rees.

Mr Brown admitted that he had called Mr Rees last night to apologise for his behaviour.

\"I regret the incident and have given the Premier my guarantee it will not happened again,\" Mr Brown said.

At that stage the Premier was still undecided on the fate of his new minister.

But just hours later, as the exact details of the allegations against Mr Brown were revealed, the Premier had no option but to ask for Mr Brown's resignation.

Mr Brown made headlines in February this year during the Wollongong council corruption hearings.

The Daily Telegraph revealed in February that Mr Brown was among a number of Labor MP's to have received political donations from a company associated with property developer Glen Tabak who was adversely named at the ICAC hearings into the councils sex for development scandal.

Ms Hay was also dragged into the affair due to her associations with developers named in the inquiry.

Both MPs were cleared of any wrong-doing.

Mr Brown was promoted in Monday's cabinet reshuffle brought on by the dumping of former Premier Morris Iemma.

Mr Rees was already under fire for the inclusion of a number of controversial MP's including Mr Brown and Mr Tripodi in his new cabinet.

Everytime i see that pic of Matt Brown  I cant help  thinking  "yeah baby yeah , Do I make you horny "

Well Byron, I hope that "I know what it's like to be poor" Sydney Grammar Boy, Lawyer, Multimillionaire Merchant Banker and huge egotist rocks your socks. Might be better than 'half' nelson???

He seems quite Dynamic actually, from initial interviews. He should be a good stop gap untill Costello takes over.

Mark Latham is more chance of being leader of the Liberal Party than Peter Costello. Turnbull will certainly be dynamic and parliament is likely to be quite interesting.

Canteen Worker link said:
Mark Latham is more chance of being leader of the Liberal Party than Peter Costello. Turnbull will certainly be dynamic and parliament is likely to be quite interesting.

Costello would be prime minister now if he had the balls the challenge Howard.  He didn't so he is weak as piss and should retire.

Unfortunately I have heard that he is going to wait around for a while and see if Turnbull stuffs up and the he will try and become the leader if he does.  He knows that Turnbull has a lot of enemies in the Libs and it won't take much for them to get rid of him if he doesn't perform.

In saying that turnbull is probably one of the most intelligent (and arrogant) people in the country.  At least he will take the fight to labor and make a real game of it now. 

Turnbull will take the fight to Labor and it should be a good ride. He does have some skeletons in the closet though the thing he will have to watch the most is his back as you rightly say he has a lot of enemies in the Liberal Party!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4