Daily tele today re Snake and Foz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FIRST the Bulldogs stole supercoach Des Hasler and his staff from Manly.

And by the end of this year, star duo Keiran Foran and Brett Stewart could follow them across the harbour.

But perhaps the most valuable asset Canterbury will ever take from Manly is attitude.

In his first two months at Belmore, Hasler has been intent on grafting the relentless silvertail mindset into a talented playing squad that under-achieved in 2011.

He's also brought cutting edge technology, allowing trainers to monitor the individual training patterns in real time.

But according to skipper Michael Ennis, it's the mental overhaul that counts most.

Warming up for next week's return to pre-season training with a hit of tennis opposite US giant John Isner at Olympic Park yesterday, Ennis expects his side to emerge from the final stretch of pre-season training with a touch of Manly swagger.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage
Ennis rates Hasler up with Bennett FoxSports, 1 hour ago
Des making inroads at Dogs: Ennis FoxSports, 20 Dec 2011
Joey joins the Dogs The Daily Telegraph, 4 Dec 2011
Ennis to lead Bulldogs FoxSports, 2 Dec 2011
Ennis named new top Dog The Daily Telegraph, 2 Dec 2011
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
"It's pretty evident in the way Manly have played over the past few years, what style Des coaches and what he expects," Ennis said.

"They are different playing groups, but Des has really been concentrating on the basics and fundamentals at training.

"That's been Manly's strength and a key to their success recently: they play a fair and tough game and are very disciplined. They play physical and they grind.

"That comes from Des being meticulous about preparation and everything we do at training.

"We've been inconsistent in a lot of areas. We needed to understand who we are as a team and what we stand for.

"Des wants us to play a style and brand of football, regardless of who the opposition is."

Ennis has not played since last year's Origin decider in early July, which he finished with a neck complaint that required surgery.

He also had a minor knee operation during the off-season and is on track for next month's trials - although it's unlikely Hasler will over-burden the NSW Origin rake with practice matches ahead of another arduous season. Off-contract winger Steve Turner is also managing his troublesome right knee well, and is primed for a big season to earn an extension from Hasler.

Turner compared Hasler's workaholic ethos to that of Craig Bellamy, his former coach in Melbourne.

"Both are similar, it's their intense focus on preparation - not just for games but also training," Turner said.

"They both look back at training sessions and look at where we can improve. And they both spend a lot of time in their offices, working hard.

"Des is big about us being accountable, setting goals and executing them.

"It's an attitude thing and when Des came here he really wanted to test us out to see how mentally tough we are and whether we were up for it."

and the stupid comments begin

Charlie W of Rosebery Posted at 7:57 AM Today
Dogs please leave Stewart where he is, he is not worth bringing over. Dogs have a clean name and great culture lets keep it that way. Foran is welcome.

I just responded, lets see if they publish it

@Charlie W
LOL You Idiot, forget Coffs Harbour did we
CLEAN NAME ROFLMAO
GREAT CULTURE HAHAHA

Looks like just re-hashing old speculation about Snake and Foz, the News Ltd system must automatically add it to all articles about Ha$ler.

The majority of the article is just Ennis talking the talk, as he always does, pity (actually no not pity) when game day comes he rarely walks the walk.

Im so sick of reading about how DES is turning the bulldogs into manly and the manly players want to go over there. Old news and most of it is speculation. Cant wait till season starts because I know a similar article will pop up 3-4 more times between now and then.

Clay said:
Im so sick of reading about how DES is turning the bulldogs into manly and the manly players want to go over there. Old news and most of it is speculation. Cant wait till season starts because I know a similar article will pop up 3-4 more times between now and then.

Yeah, agree Clay. The horse is well and truly dead. When will the journos stop flogging it??

"And by the end of this year, star duo Keiran Foran and Brett Stewart could follow them across the harbour"...BULL****.

Clay said:

Do not despair..realise that he only new thing you are ever likely to find in the Daily Yellagraph is the date....

Predictable and starting to get very monotonous....unfortunately it's this sort of speculation that will continue until our soon-to-be off contract players sign extensions......... A recent article regarding the new independant commission and the new TV rights, would suggest this sort of talk regarding players leaving etc , by the telecrap, will persist until at least half way through season 2012. Let's hope the players choose to stick together and continue to want to play in God's country, rather than chase the extra dollars the desperate teams will be throwing at them. Imagine the expectation and pressure these fans would heap on these players each and every time they ran out, esp. the beirut bombers fans, considering they believe they are instant contenders now with De$ Hasboler.

The DT still can't handle the fact that the mighty Manly Sea Eagles are the reining premiers. The journos will continue their dribble, Manly will continue to be the most successful team of the modern era and the bulldogs will continue to suck. GO MANLY![/b]

niccipops said:
The DT still can't handle the fact that the mighty Manly Sea Eagles are the reining premiers. The journos will continue their dribble, Manly will continue to be the most successful team of the modern era and the bulldogs will continue to suck. GO MANLY![/b]

Exactly right Niccipops. Once again 2012 will be such a pleasure to stick it up all the haters,doubters and knockers.What drivel are they going to make up when we are 2012 premiers to try and wreck the party.

All this repetitive crap the telecrap craps on about what the dogs and des are doing will only motivate us to beat the crap out of them when we play them.

All I'm interested in is 2012 - if any of this speculation comes true in 2013 thats another season & we may well have won another premiership by then, so lets just enjoy it this time. :)

Nothing would please me more than to see the dogs fail miserably after all this hype. No matter how hard they try no other team could replicate the Manly attitude.

The pressure is on Hasler to perform and the more build up by the media the more pressure. No flying under the radar anymore.

The Daily Telecrap also had a huge photo of M.J.Clark's partner as the new WAGS in the Australian cricket team with a smaller photo of Clark scoring a record 329 not out on its front page. Maybe rename it The Women's Weekly?

Now, if your going to take The Telecrap seriously you have problems.

Hasler has not made any comments. The paper is making the comments.

You might learn more reading the Golden Books.

God the whole Foran & Stewart brothers thing of following Dollar Des to the Doghouse is pathetic.

I still believe Foran is on the fence, but I do not think Brett will deflet - could be wrong but do not think so.

After watching the 08 GF a few days back Brett was interview post game and the interviewer, was like praising Des heaps (some credit was required) - and Brett said "well it's not just Des, Geoff Toovey & Dennis Moore have been great" - and it was a moment that was real clear to me - he held a lot of respect and basically said a heap of others do the work besides Des.
Now I know 09 was an atrocious year for Brett and maybe the bond is now inseparable, but I somehow doubt it.

I don't who is further up who's arse at the scumdogs, if hasler farted ennis would finish up somewhere down the Hume Hwy, and all you can see sticking out greenturds bum is haslers boots.

It's funny watching the tele death ride us.
Players come and go the one constant thing that remains the same the success of Manly (and the Fu culture that we have ingrained).

Stuff the saying that leagues going well when Souths are it should be when everyone hates Manly that's when it's going well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6