Daily Telecrap at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
How 12 bottles of beer led Jamil Hopoate into legal trouble

Boel Eriksson
The Daily Telegraph
November 17, 2012 12:00AM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/how-12-bottles-of-beer-led-jamil-hopoate-into-legal-trouble/story-e6frfgff-1226518411489

FORMER Manly Sea Eagles junior Jamil Hopoate has had his provisional driver's licence suspended for six months after pleading guilty to mid-range drink-driving

That was the opening paragraph. All about Manly Sea Eagles.

We have to go all the way to the last three paragraphs of the story where it is finally revealed to the reader HOPOATE IS A PARRAMATTA EELS PLAYER and has been all of 2012.

Hopoate signed with the Parramatta Eels last year and will be joined there from 2014 by his brother Will, who is completing a two-year stint as a Mormon missionary.

Their dad John is also part of the club's coaching staff.

The family exodus to Parramatta ended a 20-year association between Manly and the Hopoate family.

That last paragraph is nonsense given the headline paragraph about Manly not Parramatta the Telecrap opened with.

The story had nothing to do with Manly. Should the Parramatta Eels club brand in the negative spotlight not Manly.

A dozen stubs of corona in 3 hours is not too bad of an effort. Didn't young Hop get into trouble a little while ago for nude planking after a couple of drinks?

Shouldnt the headline be ..."Son of @rse finger poking man from Wests Tigers...gets done for being pissed"

And the second line will be "The ARLC are waiting on the punishment to be set from his current club, The Parramatta Eels, before intervieing and setting their own punishment".

Wait for the Sunday News Ltd Cr@p to come out

Any league investigative journos out there? Or mr Schubert? It would be most interesting to see how many hours John senior is putting in as an eels coaching staff member. Wouldnt be too hard to tail him for a week or so. Call me cynical but I think any $$ from the eels to John ought to be counted under the cap for William.

Shoe1 said:
Any league investigative journos out there? Or mr Schubert? It would be most interesting to see how many hours John senior is putting in as an eels coaching staff member. Wouldnt be too hard to tail him for a week or so. Call me cynical but I think any $$ from the eels to John ought to be counted under the cap for William.
Too right,how hard is to to coach someone to poke an opposing player in the ar$e, I would have done it for half the cash that John would be on.

New poster here, but long time reader. I picked up a document at Brookie last Wed night in the player dugout which was prepared for the 2013 Harold Mathews and SG Ball teams. Goes through training times , diet, what's expected from the players, what they can expect from the coaching staff. I thought it was interesting that John Hopoate was listed as an SG Ball assistant coach

Don't be silly Shoe1. Shubert can't even add the houses that Rusty bought for his English import's mum onto Souffs cap. The blokes a dead-head and ought to be shown the door.

Jock said:
New poster here, but long time reader. I picked up a document at Brookie last Wed night in the player dugout which was prepared for the 2013 Harold Mathews and SG Ball teams. Goes through training times , diet, what's expected from the players, what they can expect from the coaching staff. I thought it was interesting that John Hopoate was listed as an SG Ball assistant coach
Wow, strange days. What can they eat?

It's a real joke, how can they pay Hoppa Senior to do bugger all, get (say) $350k a year and call that "within the cap"...go figure that one??

Jock said:

Welcome Jock, now don't let this be your last

Jock said:

Welcome. So which team is your boy trialling for?? ;)

I haven't a son playing league. I was refereeing small sided game(SSG) soccer on Brooky. It's been on for the last 10 weeks or so. It's the closest thing I will get top playing on Brooky. Gets very slippery when the un goes down and the lights go on. Found the document in the dugout while I was putting my boots on

Why are we still helping Hoppa?? He sold us out big time. Is it because his other 27 kids are coming through the ranks.

conanu said:
Why are we still helping Hoppa?? He sold us out big time. Is it because his other 27 kids are coming through the ranks.

Yep i reckon you've hit the nail on the head.

This is currently the most visited story on Daily Telegraph at the moment, which is testament to the quality of its journalism and it's readership:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/bizarre-muppet-like-beast-discovered/story-e6freuy9-1226519548572

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6