Dale Shearer's big Manly mistake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd say his running from the cops whilst driving way over the limit was his biggest mistake, then again there was that "other" indescretion.
Oh and while I'm at it forcings back during origin! What the F?

manlyfan76 said:
I'd say his running from the cops whilst driving way over the limit was his biggest mistake, then again there was that "other" indescretion.

None of which would have happened if he stayed with Manly...

MadMarcus said:
manlyfan76 said:

None of which would have happened if he stayed with Manly...

Or if he had decided not to play for Manly at all.

Geez guys - get over it. manlyfan76 seems to be a glass half emptyy kind of person. Look at the bright side.

He's back he's helping out and we are winning.

Welcome back Shearer.

And I for one say thanks for the memories. I remember one time Shearer was on one leg with a sprained ankle and he ran down the right side line to score a try. His right foot was pointing at right angles to his body. I cannot rememebr when it was or who it against but I remember his toughness in doing it.

Rowdy was a great player. Sure he's made some mistakes but who hasn't. Great to hear his heart is still with us.

eagle-rock08 said:
Geez guys - get over it. manlyfan76 seems to be a glass half emptyy kind of person. Look at the bright side.

He's back he's helping out and we are winning.

Welcome back Shearer.

And I for one say thanks for the memories. I remember one time Shearer was on one leg with a sprained ankle and he ran down the right side line to score a try. His right foot was pointing at right angles to his body. I cannot rememebr when it was or who it against but I remember his toughness in doing it.

I don't have a problem with Dale, fact is he nearly killed himself and others while avoiding a police stop- that's not good. My point was he has made some pretty bad decisions that nearly cost people's lives and in my opinion that is worse then who to play footy with. And for the record the glass is always full.

Except Rowdy forgets Fulton quit at the end of 1988. Alan Thompson was the coach in 1989. I think Manly got flogged by the Gold Coast up there late in the season & during the week Doug Daley said at a training session something like "any players want out, just put up your hand now". Rowdy did. I can't remember if the Broncos were already talking to him or not. I think Fatty had already been told he was unwanted by Manly by then.

That was sad for Thompson that year. It rained almost every round which didn't help Manly's backline. I'm sure Manly got dudded on forward passes in the early games too. Lost about 3 or 4 close games at the start of the year & then imploded at the Gold Coast game when the finals were out of reach. http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nswrl-1989/manly-warringah/summary.html

I was filthy with his decision. Rambo was enticed away but he couldn't put two bits of information together and make a decision so he got the benefit of the doubt. Rowdy isn't so easily forgiven. Glad he can see the error in hindsight but that was a kick in the guts at the time.

Saw Rowdy in action last night when Fox replayed the 1987 grand final. He had the goods man.

Been a long time since I seen that game. Kevin Ward took all the awards but I watched Phil Daley closely this time. Man he did some damage knocking opposing forwards over. Very impressed.

I saw that BK. I was sitting on the bleachers that day and the player's legs disappeared on the other side of the SCG's sloping field. Ground was like cement, it was stinking hot and for Ward to come from freezing England and put on that display was exceptional. That was one tough game when seen up close and a great win.

ManlyBacker said:
I saw that BK. I was sitting on the bleachers that day and the player's legs disappeared on the other side of the SCG's sloping field. Ground was like cement, it was stinking hot and for Ward to come from freezing England and put on that display was exceptional. That was one tough game when seen up close and a great win.

Hey I was there too! On the timber benches in front of the old hill. I agree was stinking hot day. I had three bets riding on that game. Lyons as first try scorer, Manly to win the game and Manly to win the premiership (got 4-1 off a bookie in March). Cleaned up on all 3! That's on top of the feeling of the boys winning!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4