Daley doubts Orford despite big win[/

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Daley doubts Orford despite big win
By Steve Jancetic
AAP
http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=52558

Former Test skipper Laurie Daley claims halfback Matt Orford has once again "failed the test" - despite leading Manly to a 30-point drubbing of Wests Tigers.

Orford was the architect behind Saturday night's 48-16 win at ANZ Stadium.

It was a victory that eased concerns within the Sea Eagles camp following back to back losses.

But Daley felt Orford had struggled to impose himself on the contest in the first half when the Sea Eagles battled to a 16-6 lead.

"When the game was in the balance that first 40 minutes, 10, 15 minutes out from halftime, I think he failed the test again," Daley told the Nine Network's Sunday Footy Show.

"I think his kicking game - on two or three occasions - they were poor.

"He needs to get it right in the tight situations if he's going to improve and take Manly to the next step.

"At times the kicking game was fantastic but a couple of times there last night when the game was tight, I think he failed."

The slight comes after similar criticism was directed at the Manly No.7 following the Sea Eagles' round 22 loss to Melbourne when Orford's short kicking game left a lot to be desired.

Asked about the spate of criticism, Orford simply offered "What's new?" while Manly coach Des Hasler dismissed theories his playmaker was struggling.

"I think Matt's form has been great the last few weeks," Hasler said.

Sea Eagles prop Josh Perry said Manly had every faith in their under-siege skipper.

"A hundred per cent, I know we can win it with Ox," Perry said.

"Everyone can have their two bobs worth but we're more than happy with the team we've got.

"We're second on the ladder, there's always people knocking us or whatever, that suits us."

While The Sea Eagles look to sharpen their game ahead of the finals series, Tigers coach Tim Sheens said the time had come for the joint venture club to plan for the future as they faced the very real prospect of a third straight season without finals football.

Sheens said heads would roll in an aggressive recruitment drive. Halfback and front row were the most obvious areas where improvement is required.

"It's shattering to think that we dropped our heads and didn't play for our season, which is exactly what it was," skipper Brett Hodgson said.

"I'm just shattered really."

Sea Eagles utility Luke Williamson is expected to miss a couple of weeks after straining a hamstring midway through the first half of last night's match.
Posted:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:33:52

Who cares about Delay?  If he has an more plastic surgery he's going to end up looking like Michale Jackson. 

I can't believe they made a story from that! Watching the show this morning daley had some valid points but this was out of context joey turned around on him and said he thought orfords kicking was first class, I take joeys thoughts over daleys any day

My brother goes to school with Daley's nephew. He jokes about the family curse (nose). Apparently his mum has it too and is dreading the day he wakes up with a foot long snout.

Daley has a point.  He's certainly a full sized cock, but his point is valid re Orford's kicking game.  Tell me when any of you were satisfied with it.

DSM5 link said:
Daley has a point.  He's certainly a full sized cock, but his point is valid re Orford's kicking game.  Tell me when any of you were satisfied with it.

Saturday night!

On Saturday even with his injury still worrying him (he was grabbing at it alot) he still put in some pinpoin perfect kicks. To see his grubber return is damn good too!

Orford has never got the distance that other kickers manage. At times his short kicking game has been brilliant. The last few weeks have been less than his best, possibly because of injury.

Would challenge Daley to show me a game where a halfback has got every kick bang on for 80 mins

Even Lockyer stuffed a few up the other night

Canteen Worker link said:
Orford has never got the distance that other kickers manage. At times his short kicking game has been brilliant. The last few weeks have been less than his best, possibly because of injury.

I can live with his lack of distance if he puts in short kicks like he did on saturday. His short game is what he's there for and it's brilliant when he gets it right. Still needs Lyon back next to him to be a real threat this year.

And no wonder Dailys hair is so bad, he's got a hair dryer for a mouth. If he'd had a go at Orford in the last few weeks fine, but he's either an idiot or didn't watch the game vs the Tigers.

[quote author=Berkeley_Eagle link=topic=178249.msg194432#msg194432

Asked about the spate of criticism, Orford simply offered "What's new?" [/quote]

And there is a huge part of the problem right there. Orford's complete lack of recognition that he has some issues.

hoax1210au link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=178249.msg194448#msg194448 date=1219580207]
He does have the worst hairstyle in Rugby League doesn't he.

I don't thinks it's real mate.
[/quote]

I didn't think for one minute that it was.

much as it pains me to agree with DSM5 :) Orfords kicking game is still not good enough when it comes to 5th tackle options.

This was papered over a bit by the fact that on Saturday a lot of our tries were scored froma  fair distance out, therefore negating the need for Orford to mount any pressure with his kicks on the last.

The exception was obviously The 1st try which WAS a good grubber, so I dont think the situation is beyond desperate.

But unfortunately against the gun sides we wont be scoring 5 or 6 tries from that far out and our finishing of sets needs to improve a hell of a lot. and that all stems from Orfords boot.

Bombing Melbournes tall outside men wont cut it, and that is all he does against them, we can get into the 20, but cant do anything when we get there.

I agree with Fro. His kicking was better but still not at the top level. The greats like Sterlo dragged completely incompetent teams for wins by sheer hard work and clever play. Ox does it sometimes but not often enough for mine.

To be fair to him it is easy to put pressure when we have only one attack option player like Ox and it could be different if Lyon was providing a foil and additional options. Beaver does a little but it is too easy for the opposition to move to shut him down. His passing game is generally very crisp and our backline moves rarely get slowed by him and it was pleasing to see him taking on the line.

What will count is if he puts it all together in 3 weeks time. Up till then he can experiment and get his **** together for all I care.

Laury's parents thought they were having twins until they realised it wasn't two embrio's. Just one, with a ****ing huge nose !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6