Dally M Awards !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
The Dally M Awards are on this Tuesday night ( Sept 8 ) and will be shown "live" on Fox.

I'm predicting that either Soward ( The Milkman ) or Hayne will take out the major award.

I guess Watmough will be Manly's own medal winner ( 2nd Rower Of Year )

I recall early in the season there was talk of Manly boycotting this night due to the unfair treatment they believe they received from the NRL in relation to the Season Launch ( Snake & Choc incidents )

thoughts......................................

I really hope Choc wins the Dally M. Not sure who is on what points ? at the moment I'm sure Hayne wouldn't have picked up any points this week and Choc had a great game this week as did the whole team. So just maybe it will be Manly making it two years in a row.

Brett Stewart - Fullback of the year? I mean, he has scored like 6 tries in 4 games right? More than some full time players ! LoL

Hayne's a blowhard and was not sighted last weekend.  Soward can't tackle and neither can Thurston.  I would have thought that was a prerequisite for a footie player.  Choc's a certainty to get the Dally M, as if it means anything anyway. 

DSM5 link said:
Hayne's a blowhard and was not sighted last weekend.  Soward can't tackle and neither can Thurston.  I would have thought that was a prerequisite for a footie player.  Choc's a certainty to get the Dally M, as if it means anything anyway. 

Means a lot DSM5 cause he is a Eagle mate

IMO it's only between Hayne and Thurston.

I believe Watmough will be a special to take out the Dally M second rower of the year award. He has the potential to take out the award in future seasons which would be a remarkable achievement for a forward. Not even Kennedy was able to do it and he came fairly close when he was with us.

Neither Thurston nor Hayne deserve the thing.  Thurston can't tackle and leaks tries when out in the centres and Hayne has only shone in the last 6 weeks or so.  Even then he was a no-show last weekend. All puff.  However the NRL seem to love the guy so that'll help his cause.  I just don't rate the Dally Ms.

The bookies have Thurston winning it by 2-3 points over Soward
Hayne and Choc left there run a few weeks to late

DUFFMAN link said:
The bookies have Thurston winning it by 2-3 points over Soward
Hayne and Choc left there run a few weeks to late

With these things - where there are so many possible leaks out there - the bookies don't often get it wrong...

DSM5 link said:
I just don't rate the Dally Ms.

You're not wrong. It's just an award where journos get to vote for their favourite players. I don't see why anyone takes particular notice of it. If it was voted on by the players, or even the refs like in the AFL/cricket it would be different, but yeah.... It needs a bit of a shake-up, but people still take an interest in it so I guess it is offering something that people want...

You hit the nail on the head.

It's a journo popularity contest. Even worse, it's mostly news ltd journos GRRR (which is why I was gob smacked when ox won it last year). That said, I'll still watch it because there is no other footy awards!

Vis-a-vis chocs chances - I don't think we have won enough games for him to get enough points. Has there ever been a dally m winner from a low placed side..?

nita link said:
You hit the nail on the head.

It's a journo popularity contest. Even worse, it's mostly news ltd journos GRRR (which is why I was gob smacked when ox won it last year). That said, I'll still watch it because there is no other footy awards!

Vis-a-vis chocs chances - I don't think we have won enough games for him to get enough points. Has there ever been a dally m winner from a low placed side..?

It's all Tele journos and the occasional Fox Sports personality (Brandy, Laurie etc). Ox get hammered by the Fox Sports commentary team, but he has a big supporter in Dean Ritchie who does a lot of the Manly games.

And as for a winner from a low placed side....Thurston is a short priced favourite and his team finished one spot above Canberra!

Ohh yeah! Well I guess if your team is sucky and doesn't win a lot of games you can still go well.

I think hayne left his run far to late to take out the medal. He was far from the "great player ever to play the game (a.Johns)" in the early parts of the season.

Watmough probably will suffer from a slow start to the season as well.

My money is on Soward or Kimmorley. Most likely soward.

It nearly always goes to a half. In the backend of the season Hayne was the best for his team week in week out, so there is a good chance he may have chalked up enough points in a late run. But Soward probably will end up with it

If Soward gets it that will diminish this stupid award even further.  He's so soft in defense they have to hide him on the wing.  How many times do you see him clinging on for dear life while the ball carrier crashes over for a try, or being pushed off with a good fend for a try to be scored?  Answer; everytime he plays.  He crumbles when pressured and is a little toy.  At least Thurston takes the line on.   

It doesnt work like that though DSM. I am pretty sure it works off of best and fairest voting doesnt it?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4