Dally M - Orford gets the 3 points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And why wouldn't I blow up you sook.  What did you think of the little man's efforts Cliffy?  Be fair now.

He was 1 of the better players on the park

If I was looking at our squad alone, putting together a list of who outplayed him I could only really find Bailey and Ballin at his level, with maybe Perry up there as well

As a whole the team played pretty well yesterday, not great but there were some very promising signs. Had it not been for the ref we would have been singing the praises of many

Thats right Dan, it was a pretty consistent effort, Heath the only one who stood out as having a real shocker

I thought Orford had his best game of the year so far. It's the only live match I've seen all year so I was quite excited about going there. I was secretly a little worried that the boys might turn in a shocker and lose by a big score. They all turned up to play and the game was great right up until the pink boy blew the whistle at the end.

Orfords lack of a 5th tackle option and 2 passes to watmoughs head is why he should not be near the points.

He was good and bad - very much like watmough

Ballin and King for me

Orford's last play options are what killed us, and the dropped ball.  He continues to be blinded by the light and kicks away the ball, and the advantage, way to often.  He kicks into the air way to often when a grubber into the in goal would produce better outcomes.  And that last kick that went from their twenty to their ten metre line, what was that all about?  As I've posted many times it must be horrible and deflating to work so hard to get up near the line and then see the advantage thrown away by him.  No points in my book.  Imo he should have pressed home the possession advantage instead of going for the one point.  He couldn't see an overlap if he was sitting in it. 

DSM5 link said:
Orford's last play options are what killed us, and the dropped ball.  He continues to be blinded by the light and kicks away the ball, and the advantage, way to often.  He kicks into the air way to often when a grubber into the in goal would produce better outcomes.  And that last kick that went from their twenty to their ten metre line, what was that all about?  As I've posted many times it must be horrible and deflating to work so hard to get up near the line and then see the advantage thrown away by him.  No points in my book.  Imo he should have pressed home the possession advantage instead of going for the one point.  He couldn't see an overlap if he was sitting in it. 

Fully agree. He may have done some good things but FFS as I've said in other threads his 5th tackle options are killing us and will continue to do so if he persists with being the kicker. He should not be taking line drop outs fullstop, My 8 year old can drop kick further than him.

I thought King was easily our best.

Mine would go...

3 - King
2 - Ballin
1 - Delaney

I though delaney went pretty good... saved a few tries.. made a couple of breaks...

Amusing seeing the exact script coming out from certain known posters here, every game, with certainty, irrespective of what actually happens on the field.

Rex link said:
Amusing seeing the exact script coming out from certain known posters here, every game, with certainty, irrespective of what actually happens on the field.
This place is for expressing thoughts/beliefs/feelings, the actual footy provides a background theme only and is far less relevant (!)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=180517.msg224978#msg224978 date=1243283964]
This place is for expressing thoughts/beliefs/feelings, the actual footy provides a background theme only and is far less relevant (!)
[/quote]

That's in a way is fairly true. What would a fans footy forum be without passionate discussion of your ideas on the team and football. It would indeed be a boring place

I can think of a couple of posters at mse who appear never to have recovered from our victory last year. I'd say it just did not fit in with their world view, and without anything to complain about they now may have given up footy altogether!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
I can think of a couple of posters at mse who appear never to have recovered from our victory last year. I'd say it just did not fit in with their world view, and without anything to complain about they now may have given up footy altogether!

:)

This place was birthed on complaining :)

My English heritage means I love a whinge :)

But there has been plenty to moan about, and the sense of something big around the corner keeps me watching the footy because with the refs the way they are this year I don't think I could watch it otherwise

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2