Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran aim to fire Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran aim to fire Sea Eagles into the NRL finals, starting with the Titans
  • 2 HOURS AGO JULY 08, 2015 5:36P

The two Monday night games at Cbus Super Stadium last year attracted lousy crowds of 6497 and 9482.

While the Gold Coast attendance has been fair this season, the Sea Eagles game will be the first held on a school night.

If the few diehard locals who do get to the game — and then can be bothered walking down to the fence to hurl abuse — the Manly halfback is unlikely to hear them.

Cherry-Evan had inked a giant deal to head to the Titans, only to pull out and sign a lifetime contract with Manly. It will be the first time he returns to the holiday strip.

If the Sea Eagles are any chance of making an 11th straight finals series, Cherry-Evans and his fellow millionaire halves partner Kieran Foran will need to live up to their whopping price tags.

One thing that did emerge during the drawn-out contract negotiations with Cherry-Evans and Manly, then Foran and his future employer Parramatta, was just how much money the pair will earn next year.

Given Manly will need to win at least seven of their last nine games, Cherry-Evans and Foran are two men capable of delivering.

Foran said he had started to feel some sadness about his time on the northern beaches nearing an end. He also backed Cherry-Evans to cope with any Gold Coast hostility.

“I’m sure Daly won’t read too much into it, he’s a professional, and he lets his football do the talking,’’ Foran said.

“We’ll go up there as a side, and I’m sure Daly will put his best foot forward and play a really good game for us.

“He deals with that stuff fine. He’s comfortable with the decision he’s made, and we’ll back him 100 per cent.’’

Foran quickly shot down any talk about the Eels deal, but did say he had started to realise his Manly days were numbered.

“Yeah, I think with (leaving) the club in general, I’m starting to think about that a bit more. It will be sad to leave, but it is what it is,’’ Foran said.

“I’m just focused on the week to week here at the moment. As a side we’re trying to get as many wins as we can from the last nine games.

“It’s a good relief (to have the Parramatta deal sorted), and now I can fully focus on the last 10 games here at Manly.

“We know we’re at the stage of the season where we need to start to win, and we’ve love to make a charge for the eight.’’

Manly have too many good players to be sitting where they are on the ladder.

Foran, Cherry-Evans, along with game-breakers Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, who plays his 200th game for Manly on Monday night, and Steve Matai are genuine stars.

Foran didn’t train Wednesday because of an ankle complaint but is expected to start.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/da...-with-the-titans/story-fndv31ch-1227433993588

And you, Foran let your footy do the talking. Just garbage now for over 12 months.

Don't feel sadness. You gloated about leaving...don't attempt to fix everything with cheap talk.

SHOW people you care even a LITTLE for our club (not yours).

Something you have done the opposite of for many months, which is to sink us both on and off the field.

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I can't stand all the talk about Foran being loyal where is the loyalty shown to the manly club the club that first gave him his chance developed him & made him the footballer that he is we had to go through the same crap when des chased him last time the only loyalty he has shown is to himself & to the dollar he has shown scant regard to the manly fans & even after the eels has shafted him he again turned our back on us only to declare once our season is over he feels sad & is fully focused on the few games left in the season what a joke
No loyalty to his team mates manly coach & legend Geoff Toovey & to the manly club & fans
Good riddance you have tarnished your legacy forever & will never be remembered as a manly great

"Now I can fully focus on Manly"

What a dickhead. Shows where his head was at. This people, is an example of ehy we have been losing games.

Foran is right to one degree. 10 games to go. 10 more games and we never have to experience this pea heart ever in a Manly jersey again.

Frankly, he doesnt deserve it. He is beffitting the Eels.

I think perhaps Kieran has realised there is a way to leave (gifty, kitey) and a way not to leave (choc).

It's too late......your petulance sunk a great chance last year, and has completely screwed us this year. Even if you won us a comp this year with xxx amount of man of the match games I don't care....as Richie Benaud said to Max Walker 'tell ya effing story working pal'

I think perhaps Kieran has realised there is a way to leave (gifty, kitey) and a way not to leave (choc).

It's too late......your petulance sunk a great chance last year, and has completely screwed us this year. Even if you won us a comp this year with xxx amount of man of the match games I don't care....as Richie Benaud said to Max Walker 'tell ya effing story working pal'
Got zero value in his last 2 years. We were cheated.

Sorry guys for my rage. But to be fair, his comments alluded to what i was saying about him not putting in 100%.

All I want is a crew passionate about the club and each other.

Cameron Smith is a scum, but even he acknowledges and appreciate the fans.

Foran is abive the fans, the club and his fellow players. Maybe he should have another "clearing of the air" meetungs he demanded of Tooves.....sigh....what a halfwit.

I often whinge and moan about a players form, but i never hate players. Kieran Foran is the first.

Hey guys. I'm like you all and can't stand the prick! I love my beloved sea eagles just like all of you. I am maroon and white through and through. But to be honest, I can't stand seeing Foran still in a Manly Jersey! I've never hated a person as much as I hate him!

And like I said in a previous thread, I will run him over in Parramatta on my way to work one morning next year!

"Now I can fully focus on Manly"

What a dickhead. Shows where his head was at. This people, is an example of ehy we have been losing games.

Foran is right to one degree. 10 games to go. 10 more games and we never have to experience this pea heart ever in a Manly jersey again.

Frankly, he doesnt deserve it. He is beffitting the Eels.
I never thought I would be in a position to say this, but.....
I wholeheartedly agree with you Ryan

Still don't know what endears him to you so much mate. Why? What has he done either on or off the park since he decided to buy out of our culture?

That is funny. I only want to beat the DCE thread with the highest number of posts. That's all! Really. Seriously. No other reason

Foran is a joke.

I was at Suncorp for the Donkey's game earlier in the year. There was a blow up in the in goal at one stage.

I said to my missus "just watch Foran here".

While all the other players were in the huddle, Queen Foran loitered around the back kicking stones, keeping well away.

You may have the media won over mate, but you fool no-one in the Manly camp.

Bugger off to the Eels.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6