Daly Cherry-Evans - The Phenom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are a lucky club to have a future legend of rugby league and one of the games greatest ever halves pairing this great game has seen in its 100+ years history.

My god the kid is just such an awesome talent.
Some of the work shown in that clip is amazing, he backs up better than any half I have seen in our colours for a long time, always there in support, has elusive speed but doesn't look quick, can break tackles, has a step, can pick a pass better than anyone out there. Honestly just a complete and utter freak.

This will go down as one of the best halves combinations at manly ever, two kids with so much talent and skill, this is a once in a lifetime halves combo

Watching this really makes me wonder how Trent Hodkinson ever got a look in before he did.

He has surpassed JT as having the best double pump and dummy in the game, can't believe how many times he does it.

StuBoot said:
He has surpassed JT as having the best double pump and dummy in the game, can't believe how many times he does it.

When you are even fooling the wide out camera man with a dummy, you must be selling it pretty well :)

One thing this doesn't show is his defense. Even for a small bloke he puts his body on the line and is among our highest tacklers, they run big blokes at him and he still makes the tackle or puts a good effort in.

Same goes for Foz. How many times was Foz back there in cover and saving tries last week?

If I was Snake I'd be dirty on this kid, how many times is he there backing up on the inside only for DCE to have the pace to make it to the line himself. I reckon he has "robbed" Snake of a dozen or more tries because of his speed. LOL.

DCE went through a little flat spot early in the year, but the whole team did to be honest. He is firing on all cylinders now.

bones said:
Watching this really makes me wonder how Trent Hodkinson ever got a look in before he did.

Yep! I can remember posting a thread on the now defunct forums at the official site titled, Hope to see DCE, when Ox first left. I got shot down by all and sundry who informed me how good Trent was, and was going to be. Granted i saw a lot more of DCE playing footy than most other forum users, so i had more insight, but i will always state as i stated then, DCE ****s all over Hodko as a player, and always will.

I watched Trent play live in the Sunny Coast final and wrote a report on it. I thought his kicking game didn't look too good and he was solid but not special

Daniel said:
I watched Trent play live in the Sunny Coast final and wrote a report on it. I thought his kicking game didn't look too good and he was solid but not special

To be honest, i always thought he'd make a very good dummy half.

StuBoot said:

Indeed. Cherry has sold more dummies than babies galore.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6