Dan: a limit on post lengths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bazeagle said:
bones said:
Dan. Can you please change the forum rules so that it is not compulsory to read long posts if you don't want to?
Yep. Good work Bones. Kill this thread. That's the way.

Such an important thread it is too. It's a forum. People can say as much or as little (as long as it's 5 characters) as they like. No-one is obliged to read it though.

Try Twitter Bazeagle. Apparently it lends itself to short comments & exchanges of info. A forum is a place where ideas can be discussed. This normally requires words.

Do you read all the newspaper articles or just the ones that interest you? You always have a choice as does everyone that wants to write a little or a lot!!

..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. .--- --- -.- .. -. --. .-.-.- ..-. .- .. .-. ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. -.. .. -. -.- ..- -- .-.-.- -- .- .-.. .. --. -. . -. - -.-. ..- -. - --- ..-. .- .--. --- ... - .-.-.-

CLIT COMMANDER said:
..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. .--- --- -.- .. -. --. .-.-.- ..-. .- .. .-. ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. -.. .. -. -.- ..- -- .-.-.- -- .- .-.. .. --. -. . -. - -.-. ..- -. - --- ..-. .- .--. --- ... - .-.-.-

I agree. :p

bazeagle said:
Seriously, this forum isn't a place to deal with mental issues or anxiety problems. It's also not meant to be a place to spill your entire guts on and on and on. So Dan I reckon an 8 sentence limit be introduced. Train people to be concise.
A short post is a good post.

How about a 50 character limit for dumb ideas?

bones said:
Dan. Can you please change the forum rules so that it is not compulsory to read long posts if you don't want to?

Excellent idea. It would also stop me getting in trouble at work, so many times I've been asked to do something but I've had to say, sorry I can't. I have to finish reading this.

What about TC's analysis of play? Ok, add my posts in and you may have a point baz. j/k. If you don't want to read them, then.....

Well-layed out, with spell-check completed, punctuation correct and the insertion of spaces where paragraphs begin and end are a pleasure to read, regardless of length.

One paragraph with no full-stops, capital letters for sentence beginnings and littered with incorrect spelling are more painful to read.

lismore_fan said:
Well-layed out, with spell-check completed, punctuation correct and the insertion of spaces where paragraphs begin and end are a pleasure to read, regardless of length.

One paragraph with no full-stops, capital letters for sentence beginnings and littered with incorrect spelling are more painful to read.

Exactly.

Whilst I do agree some kind of reasonable single post maximum character limit would be a good idea, it's far more helpful if people follow lismore_fan's advice above.

Use more carriage return spaces between sentences, make it clear, more web-friendly than if you were typing a letter or some such.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4