Darcy Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
Don't want to bag the guy, however for someone that's looking for big bucks he is not doin himself any favours.. Last night it was because of his 2 back to back errors that the tigers even scored. I think he has been the worst forward from the last two games... Am I being a little harsh?

Its good, hopefully it will scare off a few of his suitors. Then we can re-sign him and he can push on and fulfill his promise

ha ha, I was thinking the same thing Disco! Look, he's another promising kid but every club has a few. Certainly his clangers in a row would make club execs abit nervous when he is chasing 250k plus!

He looks distracted and who could blame him? He's trying to decide where he's going to play for the next 3-4 years.

I think it boils down to this...

1. Sign with another club and his career is effectively in limbo for a season. He may get overlooked in favor of other players and not play much first grade which could set him back. Then he has to start from scratch at a new club. The money down the track is the only real upside.

2. Re-sign with Manly for a bit less but it instantly settles his future. He stays in the system he's familiar with and barring injury his career moves ahead in leaps and bounds.

It's not as simple as which contract is worth more.

SeaEagle007 said:
Don't want to bag the guy, however for someone that's looking for big bucks he is not doin himself any favours.. Last night it was because of his 2 back to back errors that the tigers even scored. I think he has been the worst forward from the last two games... Am I being a little harsh?

No you're not being harsh at all. That's the way it is.

Personally I'm yet to be convinced about him. All I've seen from him is much ill-discipline and errors and can't see why many have been singing his praises - but I look forward to being proved wrong.

The distraction likely to be getting in his head a bit. But he's also just a greenhorn with a few first grade games under his belt, and the way he plays is to try to dominate up the middle. JWH, but less gronk-like and more footballing ability.

In the right context (ie. with us), he will become an influential player.

He is Entitled to go for the big bucks. If he chooses that path, I would drop him into the lower grades and away from 1st grade. You would be better off investing in someone who is committed.
As it has been said he still lacks first grade experience so you can't write him off yet. He has a lot of potential, but his attitude and media work needs a little tweaking. The comment after the Melbourne brawl was a good example. Sure he meant the game was the highlight of his career, but he should have known it would be spun.
Haven't seen enough to justify over 200k.

Lussick has made a name through the fight v storm. Tough? Yes. Quality prop? Nowhere near it yet.

I thought that his aggression is getting in the way of his football brain.
Lose some aggression big fella and your football will improve.
He's gonna cost us a lot of penalties!

Dan79 said:
The comment after the Melbourne brawl was a good example. Sure he meant the game was the highlight of his career, but he should have known it would be spun.
Haven't seen enough to justify over 200k.

Way too harsh !

He is paid to perform on the field. He isnt paid to know & forecast how comments he might make to the media are going to be construed or misconstrued.

Worth a contract? Yes. Big bucks? Not yet he needs to do the hard yards first. Manly would be his best choice or he could be the next jwh( not much)

Roosters recruitment manager was Melbourne's salary cap era recruitment manager from yester-year.

Money/cap isn't an issue for The Roosters at present. Like it never was for The Storm those many years he was there, when any up-and-coming young player seemed to be able to be afforded.

I've just finished watching Easts get pumped by an undermanned Penrith. Perhaps Darcy should have a word to JWH and Lama Tasi. They are no hope of winning a premiership and have to play before woeful crowds.
Whoever is responsible for selecting the Easts squad is fixated with big Polynesian forwards who have bulk but limited ball skills. They are a very one-dimensional forward pack. They need a ball-playing forward, like Glenn Stewart - not another crash-and-bash player like Darcy. I guess when they recruit Dunny-Bill they will have someone who can off-load, but he's going to take up most of their salary cap so the rest will be on rations.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4