Darren

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hi Mate, can you give me some info on  Jake Lingard (just your thoughts on the guy).
Cheers mate. I'm asking for Snoz @ MSE.

gday Ryan, Jake Lingard is in his 1st year at Manly. He came to us from Narooma with 2 other guys I think. He started the year with loads of promise. He is a centre, tall and rangy. He really knows how to hit the line. In playing styles, he is like Justin Hodges, he has this long stride but uses that proppping motion like hodges to beat defence. He scored a cracker of a try on the weekend, has alot of potential, like his size and speed, will play toyota cup next season, too early to say if he will make nrl but I rate him as a kid who definitely could with improvemnet as he gets older.

In that Toyota cup team, there is loads of potential

1. william hopoate: matter of when !!! most talented kid at the club for so young
2. peneha the winger; built like a tank, just came over from NZ, could be anything with top coaching
3.mark page: sunshine coast centre, been described as a mini lyon, extremely quick centre who knows where the try line is, quite small though, very talented
6. kieran foran: heard that Des is a huge fan and sees foran as future 1st grade 5/8, only just 18, kicks, tackles runs, has the whole package, great passing game, much higher rated than his older brother Liam
7. daly cherry evans: qld halfback, brilliant kicking game long and short, attack is sound, not that quick, heard club is concerned about his defence, maybe why we signed aust schoolboy half Trent Hodkinson from parra
10. kenny edwards; plays like choc, got loads better as season went on, much fitter, plays like pritchard
11. darcy lussick: big tall and rangy beaver clone, terrible injuries but could be anything

hargreaves: hit his straps as season went on, big and fast, likes the tough stuff, bit slow in playing the ball, des is a big fan, definitely a 2nd rower
cunningham, sg ball prop, plays rep, very raw, big kid, loads of potential, I heard that he is expected to do big things in couple of years but club wary of looking after him 

Yeh that was a nice try he scored, made something out of nothing with a good show of strength. Happened to catch a bit of the TC on the weekend and they looked good some of the boys.

Good write-up Darren.

Do you think the Foran/Evans combo will ever see first grade ?
They have a couple of years to work out the deficiencies & bulk up. Their class & composure is already a stand out.

Hargraves & Perry in the same team would scare a few.

gday duff, foran is going to boom in 2 years, cherry evans is good but not so sure, from what I hear hodkinson reeks class in all areas from parra fans, he had a reco in april but due back this week I think, i reckon it will be foran and carney in 2010!!! Bailey will move to lock ala willo, put in a possible william hopoate with stewie, lyon, mattai, carney and its a gun backline in the future

im confident foran will be the new cliffie in 2-3 years, he has great ball skill, sharp kicking game and can match it in defence, also a great footy brain

Darren link said:
im confident foran will be the new cliffie in 2-3 years, he has great ball skill, sharp kicking game and can match it in defence, also a great footy brain

What are you doing Darren!! Way too big a call to put on the kid now, that's not like you at all big fella.

Keiran's a wonderful talent, but he's a gigantic leap away from being on Cliffy's wavelength. I like him and I reckon he'll make it to first grade, but I wouldn't want to put those kind of tags on him just yet...

Because that's when the dribblers run around putting pressure on him and start jumping all over him when he doesn't put Choc in for 5 tries a game etc.

Haha, I sound like a worried parent.

gday will, when I look at it I realise what I typed !! :eek:  I think I meant to say that Foran has the potential to be a cliify type player who hopefully will be our future 5/8 and for many years. I do know if this helps, that Des really rates Foran!!! The club are expecting big things from him, william hopoate, jarred hargreaves and kenny edwards. They do look like an impressive 4!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6