Dave Smith to Resign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Rumours about he is on his way out the door...Just rumours, but hopefully, where there is smoke there is fire

Would only be celebrated if Togg Greenslime was to follow , however they are likely to put him in charge!!

Isn't that something to look forward to!

Typical knee jerk reaction, he has out negotiated Rupert Murdoch so Rupert has payed overs for AFL so he can make Smith and the NRL look bad. Murdoch will spook the commission into sacking Smith. Rupert Murdoch is a major sack, but unfortunately he is a very rich sack.

Smith has just made a monumental fark up with negotiations and potentially put the NRL brand at great risk of losing momentum. Now he must be punished. Bring in the Spanish Inquisition.

That would be my big concern, If Smith goes we dont want Greenturd running the show, that would be a total disaster! We need someone in charge of the game, who (A) understands it from its core and (B) who has a non agenda approach and is fair to all clubs. For too long our game has been controlled by faceless men who have been eroding the fabric of the game by making decisions on the run and existing in a reactive environment rather than a proactive one. We need some clear direction about where the game is going and we have not had that and the massive concern about crowds staying away from the footy has to be looked at!

That would be my big concern, If Smith goes we dont want Greenturd running the show, that would be a total disaster! We need someone in charge of the game, who (A) understands it from its core and (B) who has a non agenda approach and is fair to all clubs. For too long our game has been controlled by faceless men who have been eroding the fabric of the game by making decisions on the run and existing in a reactive environment rather than a proactive one. We need some clear direction about where the game is going and we have not had that and the massive concern about crowds staying away from the footy has to be looked at!
Toovey maybe looking for a job...

Just imagine if you will, the Bullscum aligned Togg Greenslime in charge of the game!!

Fair suck of the Sav it's enough to make you pull your hair out ( if you have any left ).

Smith has just made a monumental fark up with negotiations and potentially put the NRL brand at great risk of losing momentum. Now he must be punished. Bring in the Spanish Inquisition.

Total screw up. 9 paid double the money for double the live matches including the sacking of foxtels Monday night footy.
Channel 9 can on sell one match to another FTA channel

Wtf?

The only way the NRL can get a larger slice is to sell all matches to foxtel to televise live.

I don't think can happen, so why would Foxtels pay for $$ for less live games?

Total screwup.

Rumours are this is the new CEO they are lining up

Reflex-Hammer-162491.jpg

Typical knee jerk reaction, he has out negotiated Rupert Murdoch so Rupert has payed overs for AFL so he can make Smith and the NRL look bad. Murdoch will spook the commission into sacking Smith. Rupert Murdoch is a major sack, but unfortunately he is a very rich sack.

you r joking of course

you r joking of course
Nope! Pay TV is a dying media platform. Foxtel (Pay TV) and Rupert will be dead or as good as Dead in ten years. Let him have his last hurrah of trying to humiliate Rugby League he always does this when he doesn't get the rights for a pittance like he did in the Gallop days, he pays ridiculous overs to our competitor and tries to screw league. I look forward to ending my Foxtel subscription! By the time this deal is in play everyone will have access to high speed internet and they will be watching it on Stan or Netflix. Rupert might have bribed the government to slow the NBN build but believe me Ruperts Pay TV days are numbered just like his life. By the end of that AFL deal AFL watchers will be pissed off that they need to have a dirty black box in the lounge-room just to watch it, when everyone else is watching it through virtual reality eye implants.

Agree @conanu. I don't have pay TV. I do have a Netflix subscription for about $10 per month. Very happy with it (needs a VPN service such as unblock-us to make it worthwhile IMO, which I have). I also pay $3 per week for an NRL Live subscription so I can watch games on my iPad. Other than not being able to watch non FTA NRL on a decent sized screen, I'm happy with my setup.

Imagine if the NRL (with the help of Nine for production) setup it's own channel. Teamed up with a streaming service like Netflix or Stan and charged say $40 per month for a subscription. So for say $50 per month you had on demand movies and a 24 hr NRL service in one. How many subscribers in NSW and Qld are going to maintain an $80-$100 FOXTEL subscription with no NRL content when you can get a 24 hr NRL channel plus on demand movies for around half the cost?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6