David ‘Wolfman’ Williams set to play first NRL game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
WINGER David Williams is confident he will be fit to take his place on the end of the Sea Eagles’ backline for the opening NRL game against the Melbourne Storm on Saturday night.

There were fears
2ivfevc1.jpg
“Wolfman” could have missed the entire season after damaging his knee during the Auckland Nines.

But the injury turned out to be severe bruising, not ligament damage.

“I should be right, I am looking forward to it,” Williams said.

“It’s all good, there are no concerns with the ACL or anything like that.

Williams, who hobbled back into Sydney on crutches, said the diagnose came as a big relief.

“It’s gone from six months to two weeks, it is a lot better than first anticipated.”

Williams still has to get through team training to get the all clear to play.

“I haven’t run with the boys yet but it is still early in the week,” Williams said.

Williams said his goal heading the season opener was the same as every year- to play every game and improve on the year before.

Coach Geoff Toovey said that prop Jason King would miss the game as he continues his comeback from a shoulder reconstruction operation.

South Sydney recruit Josh Starling is likely to go into the squad.

King will join injured teammates winger Jorge Taufua and backrower Tom Symonds watching the game from the sideline

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-winger-david-wolfman-williams-set-to-play-first-nrl-game/story-fngr8iii-1226843886061

WINGER David Williams is confident he will be fit to take his place on the end of the Sea Eagles’ backline for the opening NRL game against the Melbourne Storm on Saturday night.

There were fears “Wolfman” could have missed the entire season after damaging his knee during the Auckland Nines.

Read More

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7